Grenada Island Tour

always smiling

Hello.  I cannot find any "current" tour companies for Grenada that offer island tours.  We visited this island years ago and I cannot remember the name of the tour company, and would love to find something to book in advance (as compared to finding a driver/tour at the pier) if possible.

Thank you for any information/advice!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just an update, I received quick responses from Curlon with AceVentura, however, since it was just the two of us, the cost was way too expensive at $260/person which I did confirm was per person.  He said if we had 4 people it would then be $90/person (not sure how the math was calculated).  I'll do more research on Trip Advisor to see if I can find a more reasonably priced tour.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, always smiling said:

Just as an FYI - I have sent 2 separate emails to Chris Tours & Taxi, but never received a response.  I'll reach out to another vendor.

Strange…..

Slightly off piste….. Back of brain idea..

https://www.toursbylocals.com/Grenada-Island-Tour-Guides?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjO6m64z3-wIVCe7tCh3wtAETEAAYAiAAEgIUy_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got back from our cruise that included a stop in Grenada.  We booked through ExplorerGrenada and didn't love the communication, but we LOVED our guide, who also does tours on his own.

Kamal Campbell - his card says Island Thriller Taxi and Tours - was prompt for pick up, had a very clean and comfortable vehicle, and went over and above to give us a great tour in a limited amount of time (we were only in port 8-2). 

We wanted to hike Annandale Falls and he arranged an extra guide to meet us there at no extra cost to us.  This way, in our group of four, we had two guides making sure we were moving safely across some pretty challenging hiking areas.  He got us there ahead of large tour groups and we managed to have the area pretty much to ourselves - not an easy feat with a lot of passengers in port that day.  

Kamal had a wealth of knowledge about the island and he gave us a ton of info about the plant life as well.  I had a some particular spices I wanted to buy, and he helped me find them and get the best price.  When we changed our minds about some of the things we wanted to see at the last minute, he adjusted effortlessly and we got a truly customized tour.  

If we go back, we will book directly with him.  His email is plantain93@gmail.com but we found the best way to reach most folks on these islands was through WhatsApp  That number is 1(473) 457-4803

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a driving tour with Chris of Chris tours and taxi's.  He had a big van with plenty of space. We were only in Grenada a short time, so we could not do much, but he took us up to the rainforest and waterfalls in the Shate Roke National Park.  He was very knowledgeable about the history of the island as well as the plants, there were so many flowers!  We wanted to go to the underwater sculptures, but didn't realize that a boat was required to get there.  I would highly recommend Chris tours.  We had a great time.

• 10 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 5:43 PM, Fa-Li said:

Just got back from our cruise that included a stop in Grenada.  We booked through ExplorerGrenada and didn't love the communication, but we LOVED our guide, who also does tours on his own.

Kamal Campbell - his card says Island Thriller Taxi and Tours - was prompt for pick up, had a very clean and comfortable vehicle, and went over and above to give us a great tour in a limited amount of time (we were only in port 8-2). 

We wanted to hike Annandale Falls and he arranged an extra guide to meet us there at no extra cost to us.  This way, in our group of four, we had two guides making sure we were moving safely across some pretty challenging hiking areas.  He got us there ahead of large tour groups and we managed to have the area pretty much to ourselves - not an easy feat with a lot of passengers in port that day.  

Kamal had a wealth of knowledge about the island and he gave us a ton of info about the plant life as well.  I had a some particular spices I wanted to buy, and he helped me find them and get the best price.  When we changed our minds about some of the things we wanted to see at the last minute, he adjusted effortlessly and we got a truly customized tour.  

If we go back, we will book directly with him.  His email is plantain93@gmail.com but we found the best way to reach most folks on these islands was through WhatsApp  That number is 1(473) 457-4803

Thanks for the contact info. Do you remember the price, and how many people in your group? We’re a group of 4 looking for a private guide with a smaller vehicle…

2 hours ago, blue_water said:

Thanks for the contact info. Do you remember the price, and how many people in your group? We’re a group of 4 looking for a private guide with a smaller vehicle…

Hi, yes, we were also a group of 4

We paid $70 per person

Kamal was in a small sport SUV, can't remember exact model but one of us sat in front and three of us in back.  It was very comfortable and could easily get around the island.

Edited by Fa-Li

28 minutes ago, Fa-Li said:

Hi, yes, we were also a group of 4

We paid $70 per person

Kamal was in a small sport SUV, can't remember exact model but one of us sat in front and three of us in back.  It was very comfortable and could easily get around the island.

Sounds perfect! We’ve done these more personal tours on other islands and we will contact Kamal

Thank you for your reply!