LIVE from Discovery Nov. 5 - Nov. 14, 2022 - including Sky Suite experience

HBCcruiser

Thank You for the Spa Menu - That was very helpful!!

One more ? - With the ship being full my wife and I are considering how often to do the sanctuary. 

vs just trying to get good spots in the retreat area. 

Did you notice how busy it was in the retreat area while you were on board?  

Was the sanctuary comfortable when the ship was at sea as I know the air temp can be cooler on the way to and from Mexico. 

20 hours ago, BelleEpoque said:

On the 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise, which night is the Fiesta Party usually? Thanks! 

Wish I could tell you for sure which day it was.  Was thinking on our cruise it was Thursday but I see another poster said on theirs it was Wednesday.  Sorry I can't be specific on the day. 

51 minutes ago, mattnday said:

Thank You for the Spa Menu - That was very helpful!!

One more ? - With the ship being full my wife and I are considering how often to do the sanctuary. 

vs just trying to get good spots in the retreat area. 

Did you notice how busy it was in the retreat area while you were on board?  

Was the sanctuary comfortable when the ship was at sea as I know the air temp can be cooler on the way to and from Mexico. 

It was fine. It depends on how warm you want it -shade or sun. You pick out your lounger when you get there. Depending upon your cruise it will sell out fast. It was not too busy when I was there. There was always room in the hot tub. You could book one of the cabanas for a day when it’s hot and do it up for a day! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hulagirl said:

Wish I could tell you for sure which day it was.  Was thinking on our cruise it was Thursday but I see another poster said on theirs it was Wednesday.  Sorry I can't be specific on the day. 

Saturday

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I wonder why some ships have suite breakfast on disembarkation day and the ones (Grand) I was on...never did!  Glad you had a wonderful time.  

I wondered the same thing! Sabatini’s on the Discovery was open from 7:00 - 8:00 (maybe 8:30) on disembarkation day. The Grand’s was not. I’m not sure why. Is it a new policy to be open now or just on certain ships? I wonder what the situation will be on the CB in December. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2022 at 4:11 PM, 1emerald1 said:

Did you have a note pad in your suite?  I was on the 10/29 sailing in a penthouse suite and did not have a pad or pen to leave notes, which was frustrating because I saw my steward, the first day, and that was it.

On 11/11/2022 at 7:09 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Italian night in CC dining room.

7A55F7D9-5B94-4323-AAD7-29BA3F032E07.thumb.jpeg.1872f3c2835accd9f530de98a11d2d72.jpeg

ED547D0C-FEC0-4349-B845-512EF28F0CFB.thumb.jpeg.8025dc4ec70d002c4c1b0eeea04c5ca2.jpeg

Suite or not, there has not been any note pads or pens in the 2 ships I’ve been on this year. 

7 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Suite or not, there has not been any note pads or pens in the 2 ships I’ve been on this year. 

You are able to request these items. My guess is that they don’t want to waste items if you don’t use/need them. 

On 11/11/2022 at 2:47 PM, HBCcruiser said:

People were booking yesterday. It’s not very full though. I think it’s around $40 for the day if you book all 3 days. The first day (embarkation) it is not open. 

Sanctuary Question, Thank you for info, you mention on embarkation day it is not open.  Do you know if there is an attendant at Sanctuary on embarkation day to sign up for the days of trip? Or is there another location/staff to track down for reserving Sanctuary days in advance?

Edited by cheryl14

1 hour ago, cheryl14 said:

Sanctuary Question, Thank you for info, you mention on embarkation day it is not open.  Do you know if there is an attendant at Sanctuary on embarkation day to sign up for the days of trip? Or is there another location/staff to track down for reserving Sanctuary days in advance?

Yes. Staff are there around 11:00 AM to book reservations.