Embarkation time

lsw9658

We are on the Meraviglia Nov 6 and received a text from MSC that said “Begin Check-in Time: 10:30AM End Check-in time: 11:00AM. Does that mean we can go to the ship (not necessarily board) at 10:30-11:00? Veteran cruisers but first time on MSC. Thanks!

18 hours ago, lsw9658 said:

We are on the Meraviglia Nov 6 and received a text from MSC that said “Begin Check-in Time: 10:30AM End Check-in time: 11:00AM. Does that mean we can go to the ship (not necessarily board) at 10:30-11:00? Veteran cruisers but first time on MSC. Thanks!

We were given the same window on the Oct. 23rd Meraviglia sailing.  They never checked us against any time window.  That being said, Sealynx offers good advice.  On US sailings, actual boarding will very not likely occur before 10:30.

On my recent cruise on the Divina from Port Canaveral, they had two lines prior to security - “Arriving During Check-In Window” and “Arriving Prior to Check-in Window”. I arrived during my check-in window, so I don’t know what difference there was for the people who arrived prior to their check-in. From the time I dropped my bags at the curb until I was at the buffet was less than 15 minutes.

2 hours ago, lsw9658 said:

We’re Yacht Club on this trip and we’re also not ones that feel like we have to rush on the ship. Is there a separate line for Yacht Club we should look for?

Yes, check in at the YC tent with your luggage.  They will give you an MSC sticker.  Proceed through security and head to the YC lounge through a priority lane. Have a great time. YC is the best value at sea.

• Like 1