Travel Authorization Ends November 13

Charles4515

As I mentioned on the NCL board, we're on the Joy's Nov. 12 sailing out of NY, not arriving in Bermuda until Nov. 15.Ā  Obviously, we already have our TAs, which we can now frame as among the last ever issued to cruise ship pax.Ā  Ā Would have been nice not to have paid $80 for something that will not be needed when we actually arrive in Bermuda.Ā Ā 

Ā 

(Out of curiosity, and obviously because I have too much time on my hands, I just called them to ask about refunds. They said no, because it goes by embarkation date.)Ā 

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

As I mentioned on the NCL board, we're on the Joy's Nov. 12 sailing out of NY, not arriving in Bermuda until Nov. 15.Ā  Obviously, we already have our TAs, which we can now frame as among the last ever issued to cruise ship pax.Ā  Ā Would have been nice not to have paid $80 for something that will not be needed when we actually arrive in Bermuda.Ā Ā 

Ā 

(Out of curiosity, and obviously because I have too much time on my hands, I just called them to ask about refunds. They said no, because it goes by embarkation date.)Ā 

Ā 

Meanwhile, someone on our Joy roll call emailed Bermuda about a refund and received this reply:

Ā 

"Good day,

Ā 

As announced today, travel authorizations will no longer be required for arrivals on or after November 14th. Refunds will be issued in due time for all travelers whoā€™s authorizations are for November 14 and onwards.

Ā 

Kind regards,

Ā 

Gvt.Logo email(300).jpg

COVID-19 Response Team

Government of Bermuda |Ā Department of Health

Continental Building | 25 Church Street | Hamilton, Bermuda HM 12

P.O. Box HM 1195 l Hamilton, Bermuda HM EXĀ 

Direct Telephone: 441 444 2498 | Email:Ā coronavirus@gov."

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Per this Royal Gazette article, "in due time"Ā  may not mean anytime soon:

https://www.royalgazette.com/tourism/news/article/20221109/cruise-couple-wait-five-months-for-ta-fee-repayment/

Ā 

Ā 

šŸ˜®šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Well, I think the good news is that they are dealing with fewer people to refund now.Ā  The supervisor told me they have to process the refunds manually, and it will take about one month.Ā  We'll see.Ā  Ā šŸ™‚Ā 

9 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Thanks for posting. It is interesting to be in the last of group of something. It certainly helped the check-in process at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal on Saturday (November 12, NCL Joy) for workers not to have to ask guests to produce a Bermuda TA.