Ideas for a sailing in 23 days and dont have a passport or BC?

Suzcruz57

On 11/4/2022 at 9:29 PM, reallyitsmema said:

You can renew an expired passport if you meet the criteria.  You would only need the expired passport and renewal application to do it.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/have-passport/renew.html

OP did say how long the passport has been expired.  There is a time limit for the lapse, if it's more than that period, it's treated as a new application.  Look for a company called Passports, Visa, & More which I've used in South Florida.  I'm pretty sure the owner told me there's a branch in Orlando.  The are experts at ensuring you submit everything and it gets processed the first time correctly.  They handle everything and can get the expedited passport when you need it.  

Marvin, the owner helped me with my visa for China (a complicated form) pre-COVID and renewal of an expired passport for my mom during COVID.  

16 minutes ago, PWP-001 said:

OP did say how long the passport has been expired.  There is a time limit for the lapse, if it's more than that period, it's treated as a new application.  Look for a company called Passports, Visa, & More which I've used in South Florida.  I'm pretty sure the owner told me there's a branch in Orlando.  The are experts at ensuring you submit everything and it gets processed the first time correctly.  They handle everything and can get the expedited passport when you need it.  

Marvin, the owner helped me with my visa for China (a complicated form) pre-COVID and renewal of an expired passport for my mom during COVID.  

Where does the OP say how long the passport has been expired?  I do not see it.  A passport can be expired for 15 years and still be renewed as long as it was not issued before the person was 16.  I also said that there are expediters like the company that you used but they come at a cost.

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Where does the OP say how long the passport has been expired?  I do not see it.  A passport can be expired for 15 years and still be renewed as long as it was not issued before the person was 16.  I also said that there are expediters like the company that you used but they come at a cost.

They forgot not in their reply "OP did [not] say how long the passport has been expired."

"Adult" passports can be renewed 15 years from issue date, not expiration date. 

7 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

They forgot not in their reply "OP did [not] say how long the passport has been expired."

"Adult" passports can be renewed 15 years from issue date, not expiration date. 

Thank you.  You are correct.  A typo on my part that MANY intuitive people would have understood, perhaps not all.

Reallyitsmema, when I read your reply to my post, it seemed to me as if you were angry at me that I stole your ideas and just reposted your thoughts.  So I went back to find your posts that I might apologize for doing so.  

Post #5 Barks your orders for them to order a birth certificate, overlooking the OP's Florida location, far from the New York birth state.

Post #15 goes on again about birth certificates stating the obvious, that he needs to find out the procedures.  You mention expeditors in the context of birth certificates, never mentioning that you were referring to passports, and seem to dismiss them given their cost, when the OP never indicated they are looking to do this on the cheap.

Post #19 includes a link to passport renewals without including the specific criteria.  My style is to include a link to the source information while including the pertinent information in the post for readers.   

My post made reference to a specific company that specializes in passport renewals, shares my positive personal experiences and indicates the relevant benefits to the OP should they chose this option.  This is a situation where I did not include a link because I wasn't clear if it was permitted given I am referring to a business.  I did not evaluate the expense of the service, leaving that up to the OP to weigh the value given the urgency.

In conclusion, I feel my post did add to this thread and wasn't a regurgitation of Reallyitsmema's posts.  I am deeply sorrowful that I wasn't more careful in proofreading my post, overlooking the omitted word and causing what I sense as Reallyitsmema's angry reply.  But I see no reason to apologize.

And on a final note, the OP's original request was seeking information on acceptable alternatives to a valid passport or birth certificate.  It appears that d9704011 was able to Name That Tune with just one post.  The link provided (which I just clicked and read now) has the answer the OP was looking for, deeming other posts superfluous, mine included.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, PWP-001 said:

Thank you.  You are correct.  A typo on my part that MANY intuitive people would have understood, perhaps not all.

Reallyitsmema, when I read your reply to my post, it seemed to me as if you were angry at me that I stole your ideas and just reposted your thoughts.  So I went back to find your posts that I might apologize for doing so.  

Post #5 Barks your orders for them to order a birth certificate, overlooking the OP's Florida location, far from the New York birth state.

Post #15 goes on again about birth certificates stating the obvious, that he needs to find out the procedures.  You mention expeditors in the context of birth certificates, never mentioning that you were referring to passports, and seem to dismiss them given their cost, when the OP never indicated they are looking to do this on the cheap.

Post #19 includes a link to passport renewals without including the specific criteria.  My style is to include a link to the source information while including the pertinent information in the post for readers.   

My post made reference to a specific company that specializes in passport renewals, shares my positive personal experiences and indicates the relevant benefits to the OP should they chose this option.  This is a situation where I did not include a link because I wasn't clear if it was permitted given I am referring to a business.  I did not evaluate the expense of the service, leaving that up to the OP to weigh the value given the urgency.

In conclusion, I feel my post did add to this thread and wasn't a regurgitation of Reallyitsmema's posts.  I am deeply sorrowful that I wasn't more careful in proofreading my post, overlooking the omitted word and causing what I sense as Reallyitsmema's angry reply.  But I see no reason to apologize.

And on a final note, the OP's original request was seeking information on acceptable alternatives to a valid passport or birth certificate.  It appears that d9704011 was able to Name That Tune with just one post.  The link provided (which I just clicked and read now) has the answer the OP was looking for, deeming other posts superfluous, mine included.

You said the OP did say how long the passport was expired, o addressed what you said. I provided a link to the OP so they can look at the criteria and see their options. I did not list everything as it was not necessary to do so and can cause confusion. 

As far as your latest thesis, I did not read it all as it is irrelevant to the discussion and what I did read is totally off base and against community guidelines. 

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You said the OP did say how long the passport was expired, o addressed what you said. I provided a link to the OP so they can look at the criteria and see their options. I did not list everything as it was not necessary to do so and can cause confusion. 

As far as your latest thesis, I did not read it all as it is irrelevant to the discussion and what I did read is totally off base and against community guidelines. 

IMG_4532.jpg

OP, please do let us know how you solved this for your SIL, as it may be helpful for others.

Edited by PWP-001