Documents for online check in

Happy Saturday, all!  Can you tell me what information is needed to check in? Is it only the passports for everyone or do we also need to upload vaccination cards?

I will be on a business trip and check in opens and want to know what docs I need to take with me. 

I only needed passport info. I think the vaccination stuff is part of the health check that you're not supposed to do until 3 days before the cruise. I leave for mine in 14 days so I'm not sure, but I haven't been asked for my vaccination card yet. 

Interesting note (or maybe not interesting), but I got the current booster a week ago and they wouldn't put it on my vaccine card. They said they don't do that anymore because there's been so many boosters and they assume there will continue to be more, and people are running out of room on their vaccine cards. Since you can access the vaccine records online now, they no longer update the physical card. 

Interesting. I got the most recent booster at Walgreens and they asked for my card and updated it. Same for my family. We all went to different Walgreens since the kids are at college. Maybe it’s a Walgreens thing?

i cruise in early December and all I needed was my passport for checkin. I’m waiting until I can answer the health questions to see if they ask for the vaccine card. I do have it electronically in case we need it at a port. 

2 hours ago, Coffey cup said:

Happy Saturday, all!  Can you tell me what information is needed to check in? Is it only the passports for everyone or do we also need to upload vaccination cards?

I will be on a business trip and check in opens and want to know what docs I need to take with me. 

2 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I only needed passport info. I think the vaccination stuff is part of the health check that you're not supposed to do until 3 days before the cruise. I leave for mine in 14 days so I'm not sure, but I haven't been asked for my vaccination card yet. 

Interesting note (or maybe not interesting), but I got the current booster a week ago and they wouldn't put it on my vaccine card. They said they don't do that anymore because there's been so many boosters and they assume there will continue to be more, and people are running out of room on their vaccine cards. Since you can access the vaccine records online now, they no longer update the physical card. 

You can use the RC app to check in (and get a check in time) and then close the app and do the rest later, at your leisure.  

The three health questions can now be answered at check in time - no waiting until just before the cruise.

No more uploading of vaccination cards, and they don't ask to see them at check in, either.

No more testing, and no more showing the test results (on the *honor system*) at check in.  (this offer is void if your itinerary includes any port that requires testing)

When I got my bivalent booster, she wrote out a new card and gave that to me.

• Like 1

We each (3) had our 1st and 2nd doses at a NYS facility.  When we got the boosters (3 for DW & I, 2 for Adult Son) at our local pharmacy they recorded all of them on additional cards.  So we each have 2 cards ,one with 2 initial doses and one with boosters.  We keep those with the passports and always bring them all along when we cruise.  We have checked in for our upcoming November cruises and needed to have the passports and a credit card to complete them.

11 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

We each (3) had our 1st and 2nd doses at a NYS facility.  When we got the boosters (3 for DW & I, 2 for Adult Son) at our local pharmacy they recorded all of them on additional cards.  So we each have 2 cards ,one with 2 initial doses and one with boosters.  We keep those with the passports and always bring them all along when we cruise. 

My wife and I are the same.  Both have two separate cards, once for initial two doses and one for the two boosters. 

We will be going tomorrow to our family doctor's office and getting the flu shot and seeing if we need to get the newer vaccine.

The little wallets that hold our passports on one side and shot cards on the other is very convenient.

11 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

We have checked in for our upcoming November cruises and needed to have the passports and a credit card to complete them.

Yes, to fully complete the check-in online all that information is needed. 

However, as mentioned earlier, you can go to check-in section of the app, select a check-in time and exit.  Then at your leisure you can go back and upload photographs, passport information, etc. 

It does not all have to be done when you first use the check-in on the app.