It's Been a While!

CherryG

Booked this morning for next Saturday, November 12.  on Nieuw Statendam for 7 nights.   We've cruised many times on HA, but since Covid have gone no where.  I'm a little nervous travelling, but looking forward to it.  Any comments on the NS?  

5 minutes ago, CherryG said:

We ate at Sel de Mer on another ship a few years back.  It was lovely.

If you like lobster you should go for that.  I used to have the fresh fish which is outstanding but once I tried the lobster that was it.  Its nothing like the MDR lobster when they used to have it. 

48 minutes ago, CherryG said:

Any comments on the NS?  

Love it. Good choice.  Been on her 3 times and going again on the B2B after you get back....

Take it all in....Dutch Cafe....Music Walk....lido pool area.....and on and on....

Have fun.....glad you are back out there.....Enjoy Florida and the cruise!

• Like 1

The Grand Dutch Cafe and the New York Deli and Pizza were standouts for me for something other than a formal meal.  Sel de Mer cannot be beat and I recommend their Dover Sole.  Preparation and presentation are excellent.  Escargots are different from what is prepared, if they are, in the MDR and are very good.  

Rolling Stone Rock Room "rocked" when I sailed on Nieuw Statendam.  Very much disappointed in the the entertainment that I attended in the World Stage.  But, to be fair, from what I have read on CC recently, maybe a better quality of performance is now available and a better use of the technical features of the theater is being used.  I did not care for much of the art work.  Without labels as to what the artist was trying to "say", I didn't understand what I was seeing and was most surely different than the art work on previous Classes of HAL ships.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

The Grand Dutch Cafe and the New York Deli and Pizza were standouts for me for something other than a formal meal.  Sel de Mer cannot be beat and I recommend their Dover Sole.  Preparation and presentation are excellent.  Escargots are different from what is prepared, if they are, in the MDR and are very good.  

Rolling Stone Rock Room "rocked" when I sailed on Nieuw Statendam.  Very much disappointed in the entertainment that I attended in the World Stage.  But, to be fair, from what I have read on CC recently, maybe a better quality of performance is now available and a better use of the technical features of the theater is being used.  I did not care for much of the art work.  Without labels as to what the artist was trying to "say", I didn't understand what I was seeing and was most surely different than the art work on previous Classes of HAL ships.  

We had the same experience in September.  We love the ship and are going back in two weeks.

• Like 1