FCC - who receives it when the cancelled room wasn't paid for by its occupants?

TexasCruiser84

Person A books and pays for several rooms (with vacation protection) for a group trip.  Persons B and C are in a room.  Persons B and C have to cancel. Who receives the 75% FCC - Person A (who paid for the room/is managing the bookings) or Persons B and C (identified as being in the room)?  

Thanks!

I had to cancel by husband from our July cruise and in the email from Carnival it stated "Aon Affinity has informed us that he qualifies for a 75% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) towards his next Carnival cruise in the amount of $379.25USD. Since this cruise was paid by your credit card, this credit will be placed in your name."  Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

People who are in the room.  During the shutdown, the cancelled cruise I had with two other people in one stateroom, even though I paid for the cruise, the FCC was split between the three of us.

Yours might not be the same situation.  You got FCC because the cruise was cancelled by Carnival.  In this case, there is FCC because someone purchased vacation protection,

• Like 2

Unfortunately, the person whose name is on the room regardless of who pays. We found this out the hard way. Had a Vista sailing canceled due to the ship having to have repairs (pre-Covid) and got a 100 percent FCC for Me, my husband, two kids, and our nanny.  We paid for it all.  The nanny got a FCC in her name. When we took the follow up cruise, she was no longer working for us. 

37 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Unfortunately, the person whose name is on the room regardless of who pays. We found this out the hard way. Had a Vista sailing canceled due to the ship having to have repairs (pre-Covid) and got a 100 percent FCC for Me, my husband, two kids, and our nanny.  We paid for it all.  The nanny got a FCC in her name. When we took the follow up cruise, she was no longer working for us. 

Again, in your case, Carnival cancelled and that was a form of refund.  What the OP is referring to is an insurance policy that pays out in FCC.  It's not unreasonable to think that the FCC would go to the person who bought the policy.

Has Person A read the fine print in her policy? My guess is that the answer is spelled out there.

Edited by staceyglow