Egg drop?

Storm Monkey

11 minutes ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

How long do they give you to make the egg drop contraption? 

You usually sign up at the beginning of the cruise & the competition takes place on a sea day towards the end of the cruise on a non formal night.

• Like 1

My husband just asked if i had anymore responses to my post and i realized i hadn't checked all week! Glad to see my post brought back some fond memories for a lot of you and nice to hear the egg drop was held recently on Sky Princess. We are taking our daughter on her long awaited, covid postponed first cruise and we think she will love it. My husband has been seeking redemption for his loss in the competition more than a decade ago! 🤣 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

What was his contraption design?  Loss - hope he changes it or fixes the flaws it had. 

It had a parachute made from a plastic bag if i recall correctly. 

I seem to recall his egg survived, but for some reason they thought it had cracked but it hadnt. I dont remember the details from that long ago, but there was some controversy at the egg drop that day. 

On 11/13/2022 at 4:33 AM, MissP22 said:

Maybe they should discontinue all the other activities that are held in the Piazza also.....like dancing, champagne pouring, concerts, games, or any music for that matter. 

LOL😄😀

On our Hawaii trip, we saw a guy dancing. He was not in the normal area. He tripped & went headfirst into the end on the staircase. It was a nasty fall & he was totally knocked out. A few pax were were chatting with said he was hammered when it happened. He had quite the bandage on the next day. Ouch! We've not seen the Egg Drop. We've seen the Champagne pour. Sea has to be pretty smooth. Also seen the balloon drop.

On 11/15/2022 at 5:03 AM, beluga_baby said:

Out of curiosity, if you sign up to participate do they give you any tools and supplies? Or do you have to use whatever you find in your cabin and around the ship?  

You go find stuff yourself.

They give you egg 

Dosnt have to be elaborate. One guy wrapped egg in towel and stuffed into pillowcase - egg survived.

3 hours ago, ScreaMa said:

You go find stuff yourself.

They give you egg 

Dosnt have to be elaborate. One guy wrapped egg in towel and stuffed into pillowcase - egg survived.

Now the instructions say you can't use anything from your room,like towels, pillow case, etc.  Nothing that can be damaged or ruined. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 9:18 PM, MissP22 said:

Now if they only offered a decent prize for the winners. 🤓

I had the adulation from a number of cruisers when I won it on our cruise which is bigger than any prize a line might give.  Most people went for the parachutes or padding  but I thought outside the box and slightly hollowed out a ripe melon and stuck it back together with sticky tape and hid it in a carrier bag to get past the scrutineers. There was only two successful drops but the tie breaker crowd applause gave mine the edge by a long way. I think it was the mess people liked particularly covering those people who got too close. I spent the rest of the cruise being called "Melon Guy"

Lol John

45 minutes ago, john watson said:

I had the adulation from a number of cruisers when I won it on our cruise which is bigger than any prize a line might give.  Most people went for the parachutes or padding  but I thought outside the box and slightly hollowed out a ripe melon and stuck it back together with sticky tape and hid it in a carrier bag to get past the scrutineers. There was only two successful drops but the tie breaker crowd applause gave mine the edge by a long way. I think it was the mess people liked particularly covering those people who got too close. I spent the rest of the cruise being called "Melon Guy"

Lol John

Good one.

Most people just wrap the egg in a box & hope for the best.

My husband begins his prep at home and really looks forward to any real competition. Sometimes I think he goes a little overboard to just win a coaster. 

The key to winning is a creative design. 

• Like 1