Scarlet Lady- 11/16-11/20- LIVE

MeganGC1983

2 hours ago, Roel94 said:

I always prefer nights.I was late to school more than once. When in Asia or Europe I get out by 10 am and that good for me.

Since you mentioned 10... When I retired I stopped setting the alarm clock and went to bed when I felt like it. After a couple of months of that it was obvious my natural sleep pattern was to go to bed around 1:30 and wake up about 10.

Unfortunately I can't keep those hours even retired. Too many things conspire to force folks up early. On a Carnival ship it is the CD spouting nonsense over the speakers at 9 am...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, icft said:

Since you mentioned 10... When I retired I stopped setting the alarm clock and went to bed when I felt like it. After a couple of months of that it was obvious my natural sleep pattern was to go to bed around 1:30 and wake up about 10.

Unfortunately I can't keep those hours even retired. Too many things conspire to force folks up early. On a Carnival ship it is the CD spouting nonsense over the speakers at 9 am...

At home I go to sleep about 2 am or later. Waking varies from 9 am to 11. On a ship outside rhe Carribbean I am off sightseeing on my own ie private guide around 10 .ship tour early. I perfer private as longer days sightseeing,,

• Like 2

I just did the Key West cruise two weeks ago.  Last night was a different show.also I just wander into the dance party no one was at the door.I only thought you needed to plan the ones sitting,  I even wander into the drag show. Really question if my rock star agent gave me all the info I should have.will do better in Europe but there I tour so no late nights.

• Like 1

Just now, bluetardis said:

What are the positives on Virgin compared to traditional cruise lines? When I look up a voyage on VV they are sky high and I have a hard time finding positives.

Good food, awesome crew, no one force feeding you BS activities designed to make you part with your $ or telling you how to have fun 24/7.  Tips, 99% of food, soft drinks and brewed coffee/tea, WiFi, group fitness classes all included.  You’re essentially pre-paying for all of that via the higher voyage fare, but I much prefer paying more up front vs getting nickel and dimed every time I turn around for a week.

• Like 5

Just now, bluetardis said:

What are the positives on Virgin compared to traditional cruise lines? When I look up a voyage on VV they are sky high and I have a hard time finding positives.

The main difference has been very little “up sale” options. 98% is included. Drinks are priced better because they aren’t  tacking on the additional gratuity. There isn’t a buffet. 21 eateries and all are included. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I forgot to mention… while at dinner, the app notified us that we needed to book a disembark time. Anytime between 7-10:45, except the latest available was 9:30, so 9:30 it is. 

When we tried to book a disembarkation time on the app, there were no more time slots left, so we walked off leisurely around 10am. No one questioned a thing. We were on the curb waiting for a LYFT in minutes.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, bluetardis said:

What are the positives on Virgin compared to traditional cruise lines?

No photographers trying to sell you pictures, slowing down embarkation.

They do set up a free photobooth/mirror at various times around the ship. The pics are emailed to you.

No dress code, meaning nobody can complain that someone's wearing shorts in the dining room like they do on other lines.

No announcements interrupting your day.

Incredible menus that make you want to try things you've never had before.

Genuinely friendly crew.

Excellent musicians, and performers everywhere you look.

For the most part, no lines.

Attention to details. It's all in the details.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you can ford the suite the smallest one is huge compared to other lines. Richards Rooftop, food, rhe bar in cabin.

biggest negative fir me is lack of bottle water to carry around. I mean off the ship.

service was great everywhere

fun little places to sit and talk to people.

no PA..ever 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Roel94 said:

If you can ford the suite the smallest one is huge compared to other lines. Richards Rooftop, food, rhe bar in cabin.

biggest negative fir me is lack of bottle water to carry around. I mean off the ship.

service was great everywhere

fun little places to sit and talk to people.

no PA..ever 

I have missed bottled water. 

• Like 1