Is Royal Upgrade offered on Guarantee Rooms? thanks

minnie00

32 minutes ago, RobinKS said:

This is our first time booking a gty cabin, we've always picked our cabins before. We did get the offer to bid via RoyalUp. When do cabins usually get assigned? We sail in 45 days.  Thanks

It can be anywhere from 30 days out to 2hrs after boarding. The norm is closer to sail date. But I am one of the few that was notified 30 days out that I had a winning bid. I went from obstructed balcony gty(was the same price of an inside cabin, didn’t realize it was an obstructed view gty when I booked) to an ocean view with large balcony on Odyssey. Currently waiting on my RoyalUp bus for my Xmas Cruise on Allure. I have a neighborhood balcony gty and have bids in for an ocean view balcony, ocean view with large balcony, ultra spacious ocean view with large balcony and a jr suite. I’m really hoping for the ultra spacious… but I’m 1 for 5 on RoyalUp bids at the moment.

Edited by wreckem2013

3 hours ago, RobinKS said:

This is our first time booking a gty cabin, we've always picked our cabins before. We did get the offer to bid via RoyalUp. When do cabins usually get assigned? We sail in 45 days.  Thanks

Are you asking when gty cabins are usually assigned?  Or RoyalUp cabins?

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Check in is today for you- once you get your SetSail pass, decode the barcode in it for a possible GTY assignment. 

If you are curious about your gty cabin assignment, @RobinKS, give that a try.  I am also sailing in a gty in 45 days.  On the app, my cabin still says gty yet I have a clue.   After checking in, my set sail pass has a floor and muster station…that’s a clue there is info hidden in the barcode.  After putting my set sail pass in my apple wallet, I saw numbers to the right of the dash (-).  That almost certainly will be my cabin assignment…unless I win a RoyalUp bid sooner.  If you are an android user, use a bar code reader rather than apple wallet.  If it says gty after the dash, you are still waiting.

Edited by Starry Eyes

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

If you are curious about your gty cabin assignment, @RobinKS, give that a try.  I am also sailing in a gty in 45 days.  On the app, my cabin still says gty yet I have a clue.   After checking in, my set sail pass has a floor and muster station…that’s a clue there is info hidden in the barcode.  After putting my set sail pass in my apple wallet, I saw numbers to the right of the dash (-).  That almost certainly will be my cabin assignment…unless I win a RoyalUp bid sooner.  If you are an android user, use a bar code reader rather than apple wallet.  If it says gty after the dash, you are still waiting.

I will give this a try. Thanks 

8 minutes ago, RobinKS said:

I will give this a try. Thanks 

For me, knowing my gty assignment is sometimes helpful in formulating my Royal bids.  For example, had I been assigned a better gty category as a free upgrade (I didn’t), I’d reassess my bids, immediately canceling any bid I might have made for that category or lower (don’t pay for something you got free or pay for a downgrade!).  If I’d been given the worst cabin on the ship (I wasn’t), I might be more motivated to upgrade, so I might consider increasing my bids.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Starry Eyes said:

For me, knowing my gty assignment is sometimes helpful in formulating my Royal bids.  For example, had I been assigned a better gty category as a free upgrade (I didn’t), I’d reassess my bids, immediately canceling any bid I might have made for that category or lower (don’t pay for something you got free or pay for a downgrade!).  If I’d been given the worst cabin on the ship (I wasn’t), I might be more motivated to upgrade, so I might consider increasing my bids.

Stupid question, but how do I add set sail pass to Apple wallet?

29 minutes ago, RobinKS said:

Stupid question, but how do I add set sail pass to Apple wallet?

No stupid questions.  We are here to help each other.  I’m doing this from memory, but I think I remember it correctly.  Fortunately if not another poster will helpfully correct me.  

After you check in, there should be an option to view set sail pass.  When you have the set sail pass on the screen of your apple device, there should be an option at the bottom right corner “add to apple wallet”.  Tapping that brings up a menu.  Either reviewing or adding the pass should get the info you need.

Edited by Starry Eyes

17 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

No stupid questions.  We are here to help each other.  I’m doing this from memory, but I think I remember it correctly.  Fortunately if not another poster will helpfully correct me.  

After you check in, there should be an option to view set sail pass.  When you have the set sail pass on the screen of your apple device, there should be an option at the bottom right corner “add to apple wallet”.  Tapping that brings up a menu.  Either reviewing or adding the pass should get the info you need.

Thanks that worked. I didn't catch at first that I needed to open the pass in the RCI app first. Unfortunately, it just shows GTY, but I did get the deck and muster station. Thanks for the assistance.

Just now, RobinKS said:

Thanks that worked. I didn't catch at first that I needed to open the pass in the RCI app first. Unfortunately, it just shows GTY, but I did get the deck and muster station. Thanks for the assistance.

If the sea pass shows the deck and muster station in the app, there is almost certainly more info hidden in the bar code.  The info does not show on the bar code in the app; you must go further.  If you are an apple user, put the sea pass into your apple wallet.  Look at the string of characters below the bar code.  The numbers to the right of the - is the cabin they expect to eventually assign you.

Non apple users use a barcode reader to do the same thing.

3 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

If the sea pass shows the deck and muster station in the app, there is almost certainly more info hidden in the bar code.  The info does not show on the bar code in the app; you must go further.  If you are an apple user, put the sea pass into your apple wallet.  Look at the string of characters below the bar code.  The numbers to the right of the - is the cabin they expect to eventually assign you.

Non apple users use a barcode reader to do the same thing.

Found it, thank you so much!!!

• Like 1