Carnival Venezia 29 Sep-14 Oct 2023

JOHN 57

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

We're deck 7 aft - our door and all the doors around us are magnetic. 

Our door on 9 is metal covered with wood veneer or simulated wood covering.   While good rare earth magnets do stick, they don't hold well.   The walls next to the door are better than the door itself for holding a magnet.   The with the mailbox holds great, the other side, not so much. I put some decorations on that wall.

This is another option.  They are sticky dots, about 3/8" in diameter with 100 of them on a roll.  Super easy to use, they hold great, and don't leave any glue residue.  I do have a bunch of them with me, but didn't use them this week.   I will use some to decorate our neighbors room with balloons and party decorations for her birthday. 

400 PCS Clear Removable Glue Point Double Sided, Glue Point Dots for Balloon Party, Adhesive Dots for Craft https://a.co/d/0PjyCoh.  

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 1

good morning everyone, our ship is at sea,  freeze breeze, 14 knots, and rough waves.  We are getting closer Thursday (arrival day in New York), and cruise day Friday are very close.  We are looking at single digits. 

weather

New York 28 september 66/59 36 % rain

29 september 67/58 54% rain

2 Oct Grand Turk 84/79 strong thunderstorms

4 Oct aruba 92/83 23% rain

5Oct curacao 88/85 cloudy

7 Oct Barbadoes 87/83 thunderstorms

8 Oct st Lucia 89/91 few storms

9 Oct st Maarten 86/76 couple of showers

comedian

9-14 Oct Alex Elkin, does anyoneknow of anyone else

Meet and greet, 30 Sep (Sat) 1100 Heroes Bar

• Like 1

I definitely like the temperatures in the forecast for the islands, not so much the activity that may happen. I think any forecast more than 10 days out right now is fluid but by the time we sail we should have a solid idea of the weather we will have. The good news is the current TS Philippe will be taking a sharp right hand turn and be well East of Bermuda by next weekend, and the latest wave off the coast of Africa only has a 40% chance of forming into anything substantive in the next week. If it does it will be named Rina, and the next one would be named Sean.

• Like 2

good morning everyone, our ship is in Portland, Maine this morning, and we are short, we have to go Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday is travel day to New York, and Friday is cruise day, Monday is off almost over and does not count.  61 degrees, gentle breeze, and moderate waves.

download.png

• Like 1

weather report, true weather in the caribbean is unpredictable and change suddenly; whatever, I am giving you an idea, of what the weather could be.

28 September New Yok 68/59 13 % rain

29 September New York 66/59 47% rain

2 Oct Grand Turk 86/81 cloudy 20% rain

4 Oct Aruba 92/83 cloudy 21% rain

5 Oct Curacao 90/82 cloudy 23% rain

7 Oct Barbadoes 86/82 scattered thunderstorms

8 Oct St Lucia 89/81 thunderstorms

9 Oct St Maarten 86/84 mostly cloudy

10 Oct St Thomas, have not gotthe report yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOHN 57 said:

good morning everyone, our ship is in Portland, Maine this morning, and we are short, we have to go Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday is travel day to New York, and Friday is cruise day, Monday is off almost over and does not count.  61 degrees, gentle breeze, and moderate waves.

download.png

It's a pretty nice day here in Portland. Enjoying the waterfront and thinking,  a week from today we'll be in Grand Turk! Wierd. We're getting the ship ready for you guys. She's a beauty! 😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

It's a pretty nice day here in Portland. Enjoying the waterfront and thinking,  a week from today we'll be in Grand Turk! Wierd. We're getting the ship ready for you guys. She's a beauty! 😎

good to hear from you andenjopy

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

so what comedians are on the shipwith you?

1 minute ago, SnorkellinGal said:

Not sure about the Venezia but magnets didn’t work on the doors, only the cabin walls on previous ships. 

We are aft on Venezia  - magnets work on both inside and outside on the door.

Pirates hanging a couple doors down from us on outside from magnetic hooks. I posted some from inside & outside, but can't find them. I'll take new ones when I get back to the cabin.

20230919_164150.jpg

20230919_164145.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

We are aft on Venezia  - magnets work on both inside and outside on the door.

Pirates hanging a couple doors down from us on outside from magnetic hooks. I posted some from inside & outside, but can't find them. I'll take new ones when I get back to the cabin.

20230919_164150.jpg

20230919_164145.jpg

What deck was that on? It would be great if they’re all that way. I also like the look of the new card reader door locks 🙂

• Like 1

weather

28 NY 67/56 3% rain

29 NY 64/60 91% rain

2 Oct Grand Turk 86/81 26% rain

4 Oct Aruba 91/82 24% rain

5 Oct Curacao 91/82 22% rain

7 Oct Barbadoes 89/81 57% rain

8 Oct St Lucia 88/80 shwers later

9 Oct St Maarten 85/82 sunny

10 Oct St Thomas 87/80 49% rain

we all know that weather in Caribbean is unpredictable and can change suddently