Requesting new PCC

Banditswife

17 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

We were assigned a PCC by HAL.  She is not helpful at all, nor easy to talk to.  How do we request a different one?  I will just go back to my old TA or use 1 of the big box stores if I cannot easily get a new PCC.  

You can phone (800) 355-3017, Office of Personal Cruise Consultants, and then don't put in the 5 digit extension when they ask for it. You will get the option to press 1 for a new booking or 2 for an existing booking. When you get to a person, ask to speak to a supervisor because you would like to change PCC's. You may get a new PCC assigned to you, after explaining your situation and what you would like HAL to do about it. The new PCC may not be any better than the one you have. 

We were successful in acquiring a new PCC, but she is no more responsive than the previous one we had. They do not return calls or respond to emails. They do not answer their phones.

I was hoping that having a PCC would give me one contact, but even when I am able to speak with a PCC, they want to transfer me to another department or they say they cannot do anything, and they refer me to another department. 

• Like 1

They assigned me a PCC as well but they only work mon to friday.   I dont use the PCC  I was assigned,  i call the  1 800 number andspeak to whoever answers, i hav never had a problem.  I do the same when i want to service the booking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have used whoever answered the phone to book a cruise .Then on one of the promotional materials I  received in the mail, they had assigned a PCC to me. I have been happy with her for my cruises. I think that it takes time to build a history of likes and dislikes with the PCC working with you. I do like to do a lot of my planning before I call her as to my cabin and deck, dinner plans, whether I will need a hotel overseas, etc .I also have booked cruises while on a cruise. Her name does come up when those cruises are booked 

I am happy with her. She does have time out of the office but so did my TA when I used her.(My TA retired)

I hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just got a weird call from our assigned PCC.  "happy thanksgiving, wondering if you were thinking of a Holland America cruise."  I was hoping she was calling to offer us an upgrade or upsell, but I don't think she even realized we were booked to be on board this week.  So I told her, yes we were looking at a cruise, but wanted to wait until on board to book it.  She then hesitates & says oooh, yes that is a good idea.  I hear shuffling of papers,  this is what makes me believe she has no idea that we are even her clients.  She then tells me to mention her when we book.  I don't think so.  Time to use a different TA.

• Like 1