Dutch Cafe

LizzGo

On 11/18/2022 at 12:48 PM, *Miss G* said:

Here is the menu for the Grand Dutch Cafe.  Everything with a charge is covered under your drinks package.  There is no charge for the food.

AD6D5342-CE61-4FDD-A296-24B42EA11D99.thumb.jpeg.cf0438cfac62b9d5dc6697295fe7c65b.jpeg

Thanks for posting this menu.  I was so hoping I could get Bitterballen on our cruise.  Love those little meaty balls of tasty-ness.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, deepwater said:

Does the Grand Dutch Cafe have their own kitchen for cooking and preparing food?  

I’m pretty sure they do.  They have a limited menu.  Some items will be from the HAL kitchens, like the raisin buns which are also available in other breakfast venues.

• Like 1

The Dutch cafe was one of my favorite spots on the Rotterdam.  It’s a perfect place for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack and beverage. Try the bossche bol!  It’s huge, and I recommend splitting it with someone.   It’s a whole lotta cream puff, even for me with my giant sweet tooth.  😋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, epistax said:

Oh no... We're boarding the K in 7 days and I we were so looking forward to the Grand Dutch.

It’s still one of my favorite places on the ship.  In November the ship was really crowded.  On two other cruises with fewer people on the ship, it was great!  More people are discovering that the food items are free and HAL needs to up their staffing and train the cooks!  There are wonderful premade pastries and cookies.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

On 11/19/2022 at 7:19 PM, oaktreerb said:

I’m pretty sure they do.  They have a limited menu.  Some items will be from the HAL kitchens, like the raisin buns which are also available in other breakfast venues.

The raisin buns are a big favorite off ours. Great way to begin the day with coffee.

• Like 3