Marriott or Edgewater at Pier 66 Seattle question--- and any stevedores at pier?

Jetswdo

I am thinking about maybe springing for 1 night pre NCl cruise at Marriott or Edgewater at Pier 66 Seattle--  What I want to know:  does the hotel porters there offer luggage assistance for the short distance to ship?  I have never taken a cruise out of Seattle before---- so I don't know what to expect at the pier.  Also are there stevedores the way it was(is) in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale?  My husband and I are in our late 60's and will each have 1 large suitcase and 1 carry on.  If there is no one available for luggage help, we may be better off just staying at an airport hotel, then getting our own transportation to the  ship, so less distance with luggage.

Thanks for any info.   .

56 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

I am thinking about maybe springing for 1 night pre NCl cruise at Marriott or Edgewater at Pier 66 Seattle-- 

The Edgewater is the vastly superior option in terms of quality (and thats coming from a Bonvoy guy). Its a great hotel and has a great history. 

56 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

does the hotel porters there offer luggage assistance for the short distance to ship?

No-- you are on your own to get your luggage to the pier at either hotel. 

57 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

Also are there stevedores the way it was(is) in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale?  My husband and I are in our late 60's and will each have 1 large suitcase and 1 carry on.

Yes-- you drop your luggage like at any other major cruise port and it is taken aboard the ship. 

• Like 2

At either the Edgewater or Marriott you are so close to Pier 66 even I could throw a baseball and hit the cruise terminal.  From the upper decks of a cruise ship folks can look into the rooms of the Edgewater.  The Marriott is across the street from the terminal.  You simply walk over to the cruise terminal and deliver your luggage to the entrance where porters collect the luggage.  Even folks in wheelchairs don't have any issues.

• Like 1

If money isn't an issue, then I would stay at either of these waterfront hotels rather than an airport hotel.  Summer nights are long, and walking along the waterfront would be a great Seattle experience - including checking out some great seafood restaurants, taking a 30 min ferry ride to Bainbridge Island (the city view returning at night is amazing), or even a ride on the giant ferris wheel - the Seattle Great Wheel.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...