Akaroa excursion question

Hi all, one of our Xmas 2023 Celebrity cruise stops is Lyttleton and we are considering a ship excursion to Akaroa if it is offered (too early for an excursion listing at this stage).

Bit of an odd question, but if anyone has done this excursion could you please advise if the coach provided functioning toilets?
Asking because ready access would be an essential for us to book an excursion.

Thanks for any help. 🙂

2 hours ago, Wookie01 said:

Hi all, one of our Xmas 2023 Celebrity cruise stops is Lyttleton and we are considering a ship excursion to Akaroa if it is offered (too early for an excursion listing at this stage).

Bit of an odd question, but if anyone has done this excursion could you please advise if the coach provided functioning toilets?
Asking because ready access would be an essential for us to book an excursion.

Thanks for any help. 🙂

Once you know name of coastline contact them and ask.

It is  about 1.5-2hrs each way  toilet of bus good question...

One thing have noticed a lot of coaches use for cruise ship seam to have rather tight seating.... which would put us off being crammed in  for over 30 mins witjout a stop leaft alone a couple of hours , but that is me

cheers Don

3 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

It is  about 1.5-2hrs each way  toilet of bus good question...

One thing have noticed a lot of coaches use for cruise ship seam to have rather tight seating.... which would put us off being crammed in  for over 30 mins witjout a stop leaft alone a couple of hours , but that is me

cheers Don

? School busses doing dual service.  Big coaches have toilets and roomy seats.

Good question to ask.  We just went to moonlight ballet at HOTA where the seats were too squashed together.  I never dreamt to ask.  My daughter shifted to sitting on grass, which we will pay for next time  .  

13 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Good question to ask.  We just went to moonlight ballet at HOTA where the seats were too squashed together.  I never dreamt to ask.  My daughter shifted to sitting on grass, which we will pay for next time  .  

Not School Bus  but Coach.... being use as pay shuttle to town at dunedin...

It was embarrassing for one lady on ample proportions  she just managed to squeeze into a seat for two.... we did not see her get off the bus at the ship.... but she may have needed some assistant to get out

Cheers Don

27 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Not School Bus  but Coach.... being use as pay shuttle to town at dunedin...

It was embarrassing for one lady on ample proportions  she just managed to squeeze into a seat for two.... we did not see her get off the bus at the ship.... but she may have needed some assistant to get out

Cheers Don

My friend's son pays extra for business class when he travels for work.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Not all big coaches have toilets. The one we were on to go to Cradle Mountain recently didn't. The seats were OK though.