What's a good deal for 3 day - Liberty of the Seas Deluxe Beverage package - in Feb 2023 timeframe?

Curious what the general thought is of a "good deal" on the Deluxe Beverage Plan - last year we paid VERY little for it on the Independence (purchased ON Black Friday), but right now it's just buy one get one 50% off - BLACK FRIDAY deal. Which is $77.99 a day - I'm wondering if actual Black Friday will be a better deal? Thoughts?

5 hours ago, cruizingal73 said:

I'm wondering if actual Black Friday will be a better deal? Thoughts?

Welcome to CC.

It is a value judgement and drinking pattern. If you will drink more than 5-6 alcoholic drinks every day, get the package.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

It is a value judgement and drinking pattern. If you will drink more than 5-6 alcoholic drinks every day, get the package.

Aawww - thanks for the welcome! I've been a lurker for years 😉 this is a great resource of info!

I know we want the package 🍹 - I am just trying to figure out what a "good price" is these days. Last year we got it for $177PP/$59 per day with taxes/grat - which was really low compared to today's pricing!

It's $77.99 per day now without taxes/grat so I'm trying to figure out if it's worthwhile waiting till black friday - or if cruisers think that's a fairly good deal for RCCL right now. TIA!

8 hours ago, cruizingal73 said:

Curious what the general thought is of a "good deal" on the Deluxe Beverage Plan - last year we paid VERY little for it on the Independence (purchased ON Black Friday), but right now it's just buy one get one 50% off - BLACK FRIDAY deal. Which is $77.99 a day - I'm wondering if actual Black Friday will be a better deal? Thoughts?

The price you are seeing now IS the Black Friday deal. Prices won’t change between now and Cyber Monday. 

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The price you are seeing now IS the Black Friday deal. Prices won’t change between now and Cyber Monday. 

Not sure if that is true or not, an excursion I booked yesterday is now $4 more per person today.

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Then the current price doesn’t matter- just buy it now and if it goes down any further, cancel and rebuy. 

Great idea! So how does that work if price goes lower... will I be able to cancel and rebuy it right away? Also, does the money for the refund apply to the new purchase at the lower price, or am I waiting for the refund for a few days? I'm just curious how it works.

3 minutes ago, cruizingal73 said:

Great idea! So how does that work if price goes lower... will I be able to cancel and rebuy it right away? Also, does the money for the refund apply to the new purchase at the lower price, or am I waiting for the refund for a few days? 

Yes, you cancel and rebuy right away. You have to wait for the refund - if bought with OBC, the refund is immediate, if on a credit card, a few days. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dada2199cc said:

Can someone just pre buy OBC ahead of time though the cruise line and then use that to book planner items?

That only saves a bit of time with the refund, but doable. The downside is that if you change your mind but put a bunch of OBC in your account then you have to worry about getting it back somehow on the cruise, or even worse, if you cancel the sailing.

• Thanks 1