Serenity Beach at British Colonial

happychippy

I recently visited the private beach at the Closed British Colonial.  Just wanted to share my experience and some photos.   Property managers are offering Day Passes to just the private beach not the resort like previous years..  Purchase online in advance as there are some blackout dates throughout the year that passes are not offered.  Bring printed pass with you. Printed pass does tell you to check in at the Margaritaville Fins Up waterpark desk, it's about a 15 minute walk from the cruise pier area. When you come out of the cruise port area which is currently under construction, you should walk right towards the Straw Market, walk towards Senor Frogs, then turn left and follow sidewalk around the corner past McDonalds and follow Margaritaville signs to Fins Up Waterpark building towards the water.  When I visited in November there was just one other couple there relaxing and enjoying the beach.  My visit was directly after Tropical Storm/hurricane Nicole so some of the chairs/palapas were disheveled, and the boardwalk was being repaired.  For $25.00 per adult it was a great price and exactly what I was looking for. No taxi needed, so no taxi fare, the beach was private, quiet, no vendors, use of towel, chairs, and clean restrooms. Do not expect any extras, no pool access, no beach side service, but the bar service was open to purchase drinks with a credit card.  If you are looking for an inexpensive quiet beach day away from crowds this really is a good value.  

IMG_1986.JPG

315657932_5571888299513894_5466112442078892013_n.jpg

315690247_5571889482847109_8420712337559738613_n.jpg

315833567_5571888549513869_4030744055107292282_n.jpg

Edited by happychippy
Corrected sentence

What site did you use to purchase the day pass?  Also how was the entry into the water?  Was it difficult to get in and out of the water.  Any seaweed?  I guess this beach is next to Junkanoo beach. We have been to Junkanoo some years back when maybe 10 or so people were on the beach.  Now it is way too crowded with a few hundred people.  Appreciate any info.

Hi Carol, I used resort for a day to purchase the Serenity Beach pass.   No seaweed on the day I visited, clear water with very calm waves.   Junkanoo beach was about 1/2 mile down the beach past the Margaritaville beach so Serenity Beach was very quiet and no crowds. 

No, when wading out from the beach into the water the sand was not a wet sinking sand it was a good soft shell/sand mix that I didn't feel like I was sinking or unsteady.  The water is not overly deep, it honestly would be a little higher than waist deep.     

There was a few large palapa umbrellas on the beach that creates shade.  you could move the lounge chairs if needed.  A couple of the Palapas were damaged from the storm, but when I talked with the bar staff they said the property managers ordered replacements but they hadn't came in yet.  I was there just a couple days after the storm passed through in November 2022. The Bar area was covered/shaded. 

My DH and DD walked over two properties to order mediocre chicken nuggets and fish and chips. I would suggest going hungry because for those two items, he was charged resort fees as well and the total was around $50.00. Drinks were easy to get at the bar at the resort for a day beach.  Jody took care of us there.  

• 2 weeks later...