Cabins to Avoid On Iona?

Eglesbrech

A friend is planning a cruise on Iona and asked about cabins. I was able to tell her to avoid deck 8 as there seems to be very little privacy and some aft cabins with the water issue but other than that I have not paid much attention to the ship. I told her that I know people who will know though (I did try a search but it didn’t throw much up).

I’ve given her the usual advice to avoid being above or below anything noisy and best to be sandwiched between other cabins etc. 

So what other potential pitfalls are there for balcony cabins on Iona, if any?

Or indeed favoured locations?

Hi, I would also avoid a balcony on deck 9 due to privacy as they are quite visible from the prom deck. Also check the location of any hot tubs as they can be noisy at times.

We we’re mid aft on deck 10 which was a good location for our needs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Technoman2 many thanks, I’ve sent the link on.

I have also now read the information and I have never seen a ship with so many problem cabins. The list is massive for everything from lack of privacy to second hand smoke, narrow doors etc.

You would need a spreadsheet to keep track of what to avoid. Neither wonder the saver fares are so cheap, not worth the gamble on Iona.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Addition
  • Like 1

We really liked our deck 9 mid-aft conservatory cabin, we would happily book it again. My sister had a deck 10 mid aft standard balcony and has booked a cabin in the same area for next year. The only problem we had with the doorways was not being able to get mum's wheelchair through the door (not an adapted cabin)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were upgraded to a Deck 8 cabin from the Seaview one I'd booked as I forgot to click onto no upgrades. I was very disappointed but once in the cabin everything was fine. You would have had to be really tall to see into our cabin! There was some noise from the deck but nowhere near as much we had on Ventura earlier this year when we had really ignorant neighbours both sides who played loud music on the balcony and had loud chats with their phones on speaker...😡 Sometimes it is down to luck

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1