Concierge Lounge on Embarkation Day

whoshwhosh

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

This is something Celebrity dose and it works. I'm not sure why but it does. You are instructed to drop off your carry on(s) and leave. No lingering. Speaking only for ourselves, that's exactly what we do. Pick up our Seapass cards, drop off our carry on(s), stash a few things in the safe and color us gone. Head to a bar, have a drink or two and chill out. Then ~ 1:PM the general announcement is made that staterooms are open.  

And naturally on Celebrity, you are following their rules and suggestions.  RCI apparently is different, and must have their reasons.  Me...I just does what I's tolds.  😉  

Ummm...yes sir!!  😄 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

And naturally on Celebrity, you are following their rules and suggestions.  RCI apparently is different, and must have their reasons.  Me...I just does what I's tolds.  😉  

Ummm...yes sir!!  😄 

I agree 100%. We would never attempt to do it on RC if we weren't B2Bers! On our RC B2B cruises when opening the fire doors to go back to our cabin or coming back from our cabin I always pull the fire door closed. I have non B2Bers ask if the cabins are ready and I always so no and close the fire doors. The look on their face is priceless. 😉 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

Trust me, we close the fire doors behind us going and coming. 

Also, it is usually less than a minute that we are inside the room.  In and out very quickly. 

I would like to point out that our cabin is almost always close to an elevator when we sail on RCL.  Being encouraged to go to the room, drop things off, and pick up our cards on Celebrity is one of the reasons we enjoy Celebrity.

Our next cruise is on Harmony and I promise that we will not go to our rooms until we are told that we are free to do so. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I agree 100%. We would never attempt to do it on RC if we weren't B2Bers! On our RC B2B cruises when opening the fire doors to go back to our cabin or coming back from our cabin I always pull the fire door closed. I have non B2Bers ask if the cabins are ready and I always so no and close the fire doors. The look on their face is priceless. 😉 

On one B2B on Harmony on TAD, just to go back to our cabin after processing...I had one really nasty guy that pulled the door back open on me and shouted at me for trying to pull the door shut.  When I told him the rooms were not open...he cussed at me to say "Well what are YOU doing going in?"   I said...."I live here".  😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Trust me, we close the fire doors behind us going and coming. 

Also, it is usually less than a minute that we are inside the room.  In and out very quickly. 

I would like to point out that our cabin is almost always close to an elevator when we sail on RCL.  Being encouraged to go to the room, drop things off, and pick up our cards on Celebrity is one of the reasons we enjoy Celebrity.

Our next cruise is on Harmony and I promise that we will not go to our rooms until we are told that we are free to do so. 

Less than a minute?  Wow...are you the Flash?  I have seen you on Marvel comics! Impressive!  😄

The rest of us that would do that in real time:   Wandering the hallway, tripping over the crew members and their stuff...collecting your sea pass cards, getting into your cabin....dropping your carry on bags...getting into your safe, taking a look around,  and then back out....wow....  😉 

• Like 1