Concierge Veranda. First time on Oceania.

dock

Hi, we’re looking at the Vista for early 2024. 
Is there any difference, apart from location between the A1-A4 cabins?

Making a change from Celebrity as this cruise will be without our children. 

I’m not seeing any specials at this point and many cabins are available . Does it make sense to wait for a potential sale or is it unlikely as this is a new ship?
Thank you .

As mentioned in another thread  there are some A cabins with extended balconies  (at least they look like they will be)

But  probably the other cabins  will be all about the Location

If you want a specific cabin location book it  then if a sale comes along  then ask  for the sale price  & see if they will adjust your  price

1 hour ago, dock said:

Hi, we’re looking at the Vista for early 2024. 
Is there any difference, apart from location between the A1-A4 cabins?

Making a change from Celebrity as this cruise will be without our children. 

I’m not seeing any specials at this point and many cabins are available . Does it make sense to wait for a potential sale or is it unlikely as this is a new ship?
Thank you .

Difference would be location. I would avoid the A-1s because in most cases they are under public areas.

3 minutes ago, edgee said:

Difference would be location. I would avoid the A-1s because in most cases they are under public areas.

There  are  several A1's on deck 9 & 10  they are under other pax decks

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-09/vista-deck-plan-level-9-v2.pdf

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-09/vista-deck-plan-level-10-v2.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. 
I have made note of the extended balcony cabins. 

Just concerned if there would be noise from Deck 6 below , (I think the dining room is below)and what’s located above on Deck 8. 

7 minutes ago, dock said:

Thanks for the info. 
I have made note of the extended balcony cabins. 

Just concerned if there would be noise from Deck 6 below , (I think the dining room is below)and what’s located above on Deck 8. 

On Marina  we have been above  the GDR   not  a problem  so cannot imagine  it would be on the Vista

Deck 8 has PAX decks above & below  

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/vista/deck-plans

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 11:10 PM, dock said:

I think the dining room is below)and what’s located above on Deck 8. 

Deck 8 is completely staterooms on Vista - - if noise is your concern, it doesn’t get any better than that.

None of us have seen Vista yet, but study the deck plans. Staterooms 8004 to 8011 inclusive, appear to be very interesting. If these plans are accurate, these staterooms appear to have extended, extended  balconies and a few even have extended, extended, extended balconies.

Thanks for the info.

I’ve been looking at Deck Plans since ship seems pretty open now.

Will add these two to the list. They will

have some shade though I assume?

Have shortlisted 2 on Deck 9 and  2 on Deck 10.

We just not sure about being too far forward. 

Waiting on a quote from Oceania as have 2 TA indicate there’s no incentives with booking through them at present so may as well book with cruise line . 

46 minutes ago, dock said:

TA indicate there’s no incentives with booking through them at present so may as well book with cruise line . 

Or try another TA - we were given prepaid gratuities by our TA.  Google Oceania ambassador or Oceania expert and see what you come up with.

May I ask what country you live in?

There are two types of incentives - those provided by Oceania and those provided by your TA and their agency. Ask for the TA/Agency incentives.

Edited by Robjame
  • Thanks 1

Apologies for the numerous questions.

We are now firming up cabin choices. 
We’ve never stayed in an extended balcony so I’m ambivalent .

Does the balcony feel cavernous towards the cabin entrance and is the natural light in the cabin itself diminished?

Being as this is our first Oceania cruise I don’t want to get too crazy with all the changes lol.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, dock said:

Also can one DM people for direct info like I’m other boards , rather than asking on the main board only . Don’t want to annoy people. Thanks

Only if they give you their contact info here  😉

10 hours ago, dock said:

Apologies for the numerous questions.

We are now firming up cabin choices. 
We’ve never stayed in an extended balcony so I’m ambivalent .

Does the balcony feel cavernous towards the cabin entrance and is the natural light in the cabin itself diminished?

Being as this is our first Oceania cruise I don’t want to get too crazy with all the changes lol.

Thanks.

It  did not feel dark  to me  

I will see if I can find a photo

You can always  use the search function  top right  to see if others have asked the  questions before  if worried about annoying people LOL

or just ignore those that complain 🙂

• Like 1

I 've never thought any balcony was too large or cavernous. I'm assuming you mean tunnel like. Some people complain of this, but having been in the extended balcony rooms on Marina it didn't really seem to be an issue. 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2022 at 7:24 AM, Robjame said:

Deck 8 is completely staterooms on Vista - - if noise is your concern, it doesn’t get any better than that.

None of us have seen Vista yet, but study the deck plans. Staterooms 8004 to 8011 inclusive, appear to be very interesting. If these plans are accurate, these staterooms appear to have extended, extended  balconies and a few even have extended, extended, extended balconies.

I think all the extended balconies are already taken.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the info provided. 
We have booked an extended balcony on Vista. After a bit of research I found a TA I was comfortable working with. 

Looking forward to our first cruise on Oceania. 
Thanks again.