Booking with FCC--Insurance?

clan

I know many of you have booked cruises using Future Cruise Credits from pandemic cancellations.  Are we able to purchase Princess Vacation Protection to cover the FCCs and any additional payment in the event that we need to/want to cancel?  There's something in the back of my mind from years back that makes me think if you cancel a cruise where you have used FCCs you lose them.  Please tell me this is not correct and that the FCCs work just like cash for insurance purposes (except the FCCs will go back into your account.)

Thanks in advance for your responses. 

If you’d rather have a cash reimbursement if you have to cancel for a covered reason, investigate the third-party policies that recognize FCC as a form of payment.

You will not be able to get CFAR because the initial deposit will be determined by the cruise that produced the FCC. You can still get a waiver for pre-existing conditions as long as you purchase before final payment.

Call the Trip Insurance Store for details and explanation. They can help you pick a policy that works for you.

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Not sure I am exactly following your question.  Anytime you book (via ANY method) you have the opportunity to purchase insurance.  Also, if you had booked with FCC and then cancel, your FCC *should* be reinstated as long as they have not expired.

AND I was told yesterday that if the FCCs are expiring soon but are put back into your account, a new expiration date would be put on them.  Whether that pans out, we shall see.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1