Viking Hawaii and Polynesia cruise

pjwaz

If anyone has been on a Viking Hawaii and Polynesia cruise, could you offer any comments or suggestions?  We are considering the 33 day one for next fall. We have been on a Viking river cruise a few years ago.

Viking attempted this last December but never made it to Hawaii (which didn't open its ports to cruise ships in time). Those booked for a Hawaii only cruise went to Mexico instead while those who booked for Hawaii and Polynesia went only to Polynesia. Hopefully, they will stop by to report on their adventure.

In the meantime. check out:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2822239-live-from-orion-“french-polynesia-jan-5-2022”/

15 hours ago, pjwaz said:

If anyone has been on a Viking Hawaii and Polynesia cruise, could you offer any comments or suggestions?  We are considering the 33 day one for next fall. We have been on a Viking river cruise a few years ago.

Over the years I've been to most of the South Pacific Islands. Having been on a river cruise, this would be the polar opposite, as it entails lots of sea days.

3 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Over the years I've been to most of the South Pacific Islands. Having been on a river cruise, this would be the polar opposite, as it entails lots of sea days.

I'm aware of the sea days,this would be a trip for relaxing.  We've been on ocean voyages before and to Hawaii.  I even lived there for a few years. Interested in the Viking experience.  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pjwaz said:

I'm aware of the sea days,this would be a trip for relaxing.  We've been on ocean voyages before and to Hawaii.  I even lived there for a few years. Interested in the Viking experience.  Thanks.

For the Viking experience feel free to check out my blog posts from the 2020 World Cruise, which stopped at a number of S/Pacific islands. It should provide some ideas of what life is like aboard a Viking ship, on an ocean passage.

www.andyandjudi.com

We did this cruise last January and loved it. No problem that we didn’t stop in Hawaii since we had already been there.  You have to love sea days, which we do.  Very relaxing and Viking had lots of lectures and other activities to participate in.  The lecturers were some of the best! Overall, great cruise and would go again with Viking for sure.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rpfin said:

We did this cruise last January and loved it. No problem that we didn’t stop in Hawaii since we had already been there.  You have to love sea days, which we do.  Very relaxing and Viking had lots of lectures and other activities to participate in.  The lecturers were some of the best! Overall, great cruise and would go again with Viking for sure.

TOTALLY agree!

We were on this cruise to French Polynesia in January of 22.
No Mexico or Hawaii, it was 33 marvelous days with incredible excursions and lectures!

Our favorites excursions were the Waverunner trip around Moorea and a 4x4 trip to see beautiful waterfalls in the mountains of Tahiti!

We plan on doing this again in the future. 

Edited by Iloveketo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

For the Viking experience feel free to check out my blog posts from the 2020 World Cruise, which stopped at a number of S/Pacific islands. It should provide some ideas of what life is like aboard a Viking ship, on an ocean passage.

www.andyandjudi.com

Andy - it was your blog posts that inspired us to take the leap beyond 2 week Viking cruises and we booked this 32 day Hawaii/French Polynesia cruise for Jan-Feb 2024!   Looking forward to doing something different!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iloveketo said:

TOTALLY agree!

We were on this cruise to French Polynesia in January of 22.
No Mexico or Hawaii, it was 33 marvelous days with incredible excursions and lectures!

Our favorites excursions were the Waverunner trip around Moorea and a 4x4 trip to see beautiful waterfalls in the mountains of Tahiti!

We plan on doing this again in the future. 

Great to hear!  When we see you on the upcoming Panama Canal trip in December, we'll have to pick your brain further, as we are going Jan 2024.

Kent

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Great to hear!  When we see you on the upcoming Panama Canal trip in December, we'll have to pick your brain further, as we are going Jan 2024.

Kent

We don’t leave on our Panama Canal cruise until January. Hope you enjoy your cruises!