Marina cruise 2024

oceanpark

It will be in awful awful awful condition. An absolute rust bucket. Do not go near it!!!!  😂

Just kidding. Best answer to your question is how important absolute pristine new or just remodeled condition of a ship is to you. Are you a glass us half empty or half full type of person? On the positive side, Oceania ships with several years of wear may show it in terms of worn soft goods and a few scratches on the furniture, but they really have a crew culture of great maintenance and overall upkeep. On the other hand, if it is upsetting to you that you will be on the only Oceania ship that has not been recently refurbished and some worn upholstery, carpets and faded drapes will hurt your ability to enjoy the cruise, it might be problematic for you. 

I have a cruise booked on Marina for July 2024 so will be focused on the refurbishment date, but doubt that I will cancel if the ship is not refurbished.

2 minutes ago, oceanpark said:

This will be our first Oceania cruise which goes from Brazil onto the Amazon River to Manus and ends in Miami.  Wondering what the experience would be like on the Amazon River on a cruise ship.

Lots of articles on this. You’re cruising both during the monsoon season and when the river is far out of its banks and all is flooded for miles inland. Take a very good rain suit and don’t expect to see anything from the ship most of the way along the river.

21 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Lots of articles on this. You’re cruising both during the monsoon season and when the river is far out of its banks and all is flooded for miles inland. Take a very good rain suit and don’t expect to see anything from the ship most of the way along the river.

Yup, March is one of the wettest months of the rainy season.  Having spent time in rain forests, also expect lots of bugs.  Those conditions just bring your mood down.  

On 11/25/2022 at 11:52 AM, oceanpark said:

With Marina’s refurbishment postponed until 2024, I am wondering if I should put a deposit on a cruise for March of that year.  What condition can I expect the ship to be in if refurbishment isn’t done before March?

I'd like to hear from recent and soon to be Marina cruisers too on the condition of the ship.  We are booked on a long cruise on Marina at the end of 2024 so hoping it will actually get the refurb before then.

@Gracie115, 

We have friends embarking on a 51 day trip on Marina in a few weeks.  I am sure they will provide me many updates so we are prepared when we join them in Buenos Aires in mid January. when I hear more from them, I will share some insights. 
In our experience with O, they do the refurbs before they are needed as opposed to others who might do them years after needed.  O has an image to protect and no matter what, Marina will still be beautiful when you board her. 
There are a lot of factors that go into the date and location of the work to be done. Besides money, they have to get in the queue at a port where this kind of work can be done and then start getting everything ordered and delivered for this huge project. I am sure no one on this blog can answer the question “when” will it be done, but it will happen as soon as all the parts are in place. 

Book your trip and enjoy, Mauibabes

5 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

I'd like to hear from recent and soon to be Marina cruisers too on the condition of the ship.  We are booked on a long cruise on Marina at the end of 2024 so hoping it will actually get the refurb before then.

Just off Oct/Nov cruise on Marina.  No complaints on upkeep of staterooms and common rooms.  Just not the new "Next" decor that will be there after the major remodel.

• Like 2