Premium Plus Bev Pkg

FLcruisergrl

18 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

Pretty good, and they are reasonably priced.  I usually bring some with me and buy some in port if there is a place I trust.  But I have bought a few on the ship before.  Usually to burn up some OBC 

Vacation is usually the only time I enjoy one. Thanks for the heads up!

On 11/25/2022 at 9:41 PM, KeithJenner said:

I think there is a Cellars wine bar on the Escape. We found that bar really good on our last cruise for trying out different wines. I picked a different wine each day to try.

We like Champagne too, which quickly makes the plus package worth it. 

Also don’t forget the non alcoholic drinks. I often grab a coffee when passing Starbucks and always enjoy an espresso after meals (not that they always charge for that anyway). We also get through lots of sparkling water.

As mentioned above, the staff are always keen to help you get value out of the package, everywhere on the ship.

Hi Keith,
I know you have used this package many several times, what is your experience with the bottle of champagne/wine? Is it available with lunch and dinner or just dinner?
Some information says "while dining" while others way "with dinner".

This is the current flyer:

image.png.0f67882ccf78b9b20eb005a0ff9c46a9.png

This is from a different flyer:

image.png.b357180c0cbd20f2953dbc59d0f816a6.png

22 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Hi Keith,
I know you have used this package many several times, what is your experience with the bottle of champagne/wine? Is it available with lunch and dinner or just dinner?
Some information says "while dining" while others way "with dinner".

This is the current flyer:

image.png.0f67882ccf78b9b20eb005a0ff9c46a9.png

This is from a different flyer:

image.png.b357180c0cbd20f2953dbc59d0f816a6.png

Sorry, but I can’t really comment on that.

One full meal a day is plenty for us, so lunch is usually a snack from o’Sheehans or maybe a sandwich in the buffet and we don’t usually start drinking until later, so I have never tried asking for a bottle at lunch.

Im sure people have posted on here that they could get bottles of wine at lunch though.

On 11/25/2022 at 3:51 PM, FLcruisergrl said:

Getting ready to sail on the Escape in the Haven in a few weeks. I have the PPBP for the first time and want to take full advantage. I’m not a huge drinker, so give me some ideas of what I should order with this upgraded package! For context, I like fruity, rum, tequila, vodka, red wine, rose, champagne. Thanks!

Have a great time, I really like the idea another poster suggested of having the bartenders just be creative, and I think I'll do just that on our upcoming cruise. A friend told me they are only expecting 1,600 passengers on our cruise, and the Epic holds a lot more than that! Again, have a great time and enjoy your PPBP!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Sorry, but I can’t really comment on that.

One full meal a day is plenty for us, so lunch is usually a snack from o’Sheehans or maybe a sandwich in the buffet and we don’t usually start drinking until later, so I have never tried asking for a bottle at lunch.

Im sure people have posted on here that they could get bottles of wine at lunch though.

Thanks Keith, I will see what happens, they can only say no.

53 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

what is your experience with the bottle of champagne/wine? Is it available with lunch and dinner or just dinner?

In October we sailed the Breakaway.  In Taste MDR I ordered a bottle of Moët at Breakfast and some OJ. I made my own mimosa and took the rest of the bottle—which was mostly full, back to our cabin.  Two tips.  Ask them to save the wire cage so you can transport your bottle back to your cabin, and…pack a champagne stopper so you can seal you bottle in the cabin.  We did this twice!  Loved having a bottle in the mini fridge.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, laudergayle said:

In October we sailed the Breakaway.  In Taste MDR I ordered a bottle of Moët at Breakfast and some OJ. I made my own mimosa and took the rest of the bottle—which was mostly full, back to our cabin.  Two tips.  Ask them to save the wire cage so you can transport your bottle back to your cabin, and…pack a champagne stopper so you can seal you bottle in the cabin.  We did this twice!  Loved having a bottle in the mini fridge.

Fantastic, just what I wanted to hear.
Good tips, I was going to take my champagne stopper, hope I remember.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Why do you need the wire cage if you have a stopper ?

4 hours ago, argyll1881 said:

You need to hold the stopper down with champagne, the proper champagne stoppers have a clip that goes over the neck ridge to clip it on. Without a cage or clip it will probably pop out after a few hours (If it lasts that long 🤪)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, argyll1881 said:

I do bring a champagne stop…but I like the cage for transporting from table to cabin. Buy what @ziggyuk said makes sense.  Especially the time it takes to consume the contents!

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1