MSC cruise concierge

shipgeeks

I have one booked with concierge service and one the usual way online. So far, the only meaningful difference is that I can't see the option to pay online with the concierge one. The confirmation PDF has the direct contact info for the concierge person who helped me.

Time will tell if the concierge can help with any MSC problems.

• Like 1

I just booked for the first time with the concierge this morning for February 23 sailing. My other MSC cruises I either called directly or booked online. I filled out form last night for a call today between 9am and 10am. It was a great experience. I felt she was experienced and answered all my questions without hesitation. This is first time I booked with less than a 6-12 month window and  had a few concerns. We had an awful experience with MSC service our last sailing and decided to give them one more go (though they did make up for the bungled reservation with add’l discount and OBC). 
What is the most appealing aspect of using the concierge service is that I have a direct contact number for her. Should any issues/questions arise, I can reach out directly to her. She is available Mon-Friday 9-5. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2022 at 6:10 PM, paceyswife said:

I just booked for the first time with the concierge this morning for February 23 sailing. My other MSC cruises I either called directly or booked online. I filled out form last night for a call today between 9am and 10am. It was a great experience. I felt she was experienced and answered all my questions without hesitation. This is first time I booked with less than a 6-12 month window and  had a few concerns. We had an awful experience with MSC service our last sailing and decided to give them one more go (though they did make up for the bungled reservation with add’l discount and OBC). 
What is the most appealing aspect of using the concierge service is that I have a direct contact number for her. Should any issues/questions arise, I can reach out directly to her. She is available Mon-Friday 9-5. 

I would like to contact a concierge to assist with my booking, but I don't see the form that you mention above. Where can I find this?

When you are on MSC website and looking at cruises to book, there is a box that’s asks if you’d like someone in concierge to call you. You’ll fill out your name, email address and phon number. There is a Dropbox that lets you pick when you’d like a call. 
image.thumb.jpeg.7e3162c8d5c3493295a483bd75768af0.jpeg

It's important to remember that, to my knowledge and as discussed, the MSC Concierge is an in-house travel agent that works for MSC.  I can't see much that they could do that any other travel agent couldn't.  And to my knowledge, they don't offer extra OBC in the way that an independent travel agent might.

I think their title is pretty misleading, as it makes it sound as if they are a concierge, when I don't believe that's at all true.

• Like 1

They seem to have more knowledge and are more comfortable asking /getting a supervisor to help them. (Compared to regular CSR) I had a good experience with one who was able to help me with a cruise change that the regular CSRs could t get right. He got special permission to help me as I had booked directly online. I will use him again as he helped me out. I owe him. But @Stockjock makes a good point