How can I get the Free at Sea PLUS?

Mikiejag

I can't find it on the upgrades and doesn't seem to be available on new bookings.

Is this only available to certain people or certain rooms?

Thanks for any pointers, been searching and read about people using it and what to do after getting it, but no luck on how to actually get it.

I always book through NCL, just easier.  Just reaching out the NCL is usually the way I go, but wanted to do some prices, see what it would do for me.

It sounds like it would work for the excursions, tend to book via NCL for those.  Personal preference.

Would def work for the upgraded internet. Wife always gets unlimited.

And would work for Specialty dining. Love that food.

at $49 pp/pd about $350 each, $700 total for the 7 day.

Savings would be - $119 each for internet.  $240, leaving $460 break even

Saving would be - $200 for extra excursion savings, $260 break even

Savings would be - $140 for two extra meals, $120 remaining break ever.

So, without beverage a net $120 loss.

Don't drink, but would use it for the Coffee's, sodas, juices and waters.  But without pricing the initial drink package, savings is hard to calculate.

These seem to be on track?

Edited by Mikiejag
add in last break even amount

18 minutes ago, Mikiejag said:

I always book through NCL, just easier.  Just reaching out the NCL is usually the way I go, but wanted to do some prices, see what it would do for me.

It sounds like it would work for the excursions, tend to book via NCL for those.  Personal preference.

Would def work for the upgraded internet. Wife always gets unlimited.

And would work for Specialty dining. Love that food.

at $49 pp/pd about $350 each, $700 total for the 7 day.

Savings would be - $119 each for internet.  $240, leaving $460 break even

Saving would be - $200 for extra excursion savings, $260 break even

Savings would be - $140 for two extra meals, $120 remaining break ever.

So, without beverage a net $120 loss.

Don't drink, but would use it for the Coffee's, sodas, juices and waters.  But without pricing the initial drink package, savings is hard to calculate.

These seem to be on track?

You say you don’t drink. Did you take the basic free at sea package when booking? I don’t think you can get free at sea plus unless you took the free at sea beverage package. 

• Like 1

In reading the op-ed and the responses I wanted to share some recommendations.  Remember, I don't know the author other than what has been written to this point.  

If one of the two people don't drink in your party, the Free At Sea PLUS program is not a good value.  The Premium Plus Beverage Package is the lion share of the Free at Sea Plus program.  I would simply skip it and have a couple of charges on my account.  I would most definitely get a Specialty Meal Package of two or three nights unless I was in the Haven.  I would obviously get the upgrade for Unlimited WiFi (I always get streaming).  

I want to clarify something.  Even when you drink, the Free At Sea PLUS is a premium.  It rarely is a value so when we try to make it that, the math simply does not work ALL the time. However when you take on of the two folks drink package out because they don't drink, it becomes some what of a bad option.  Just my two cents.  

You can buy a lot of Starbucks for the cost of this package.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

PS: Just Call NCL, they can do this for you in about five minutes. 

Hi! This was also not available for me when checking the app or online, so I called NCL and they did it within a few minutes. They only charged for the difference between what I had already paid for (2 extra dinners x 2, shore excursion for pax 2), so you get an immediate discount based on what you've already paid/covered by the PLUS program. We are on a 5-night with 2 ports, and it worked out well for us.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sjacobs11 said:

Hi! This was also not available for me when checking the app or online, so I called NCL and they did it within a few minutes. They only charged for the difference between what I had already paid for (2 extra dinners x 2, shore excursion for pax 2), so you get an immediate discount based on what you've already paid/covered by the PLUS program. We are on a 5-night with 2 ports, and it worked out well for us.

Based on the drink package, might have to wait until I take all the offers.

Would you mind saying what you paid for the Plus?  was it just the $49 x 5?