NCL Broadway shows: Pre-recorded tracks and lip syncing?

fstuff1

i'm on the 2nd leg of my Breakaway b2b and i saw Six again last nite.

I've seen it twice the 1st leg of the cruise.

It's my favorite show on NCL.

this time The drummer was out for some reason.

When they introduced the band after their introduction song, each band member played a few notes on their instruments.

They still introduced the drummer AND THERE WERE SOUNDS FROM THE DRUMS even though noone was sitting there!?! 🥴

pre-recorded tracks?

And at the end of the show, they encouraged  the audience to applaud the band and named each band member, and again included the missing drummer.

That cinched it for me the fact that the entire show was pre-recorded.

If it werent pre-recorded tracks, they could have easily skipped over the missing drummer.

So are ALL the ncl Broadway shows pre-recorded and lip syncing?

heck, are all the production shows pre-recorded and lip syncing?

Note:

I still enjoyed the show and it's still my favorite show.

Edited by fstuff1

I haven't been part of a production, nor a professional one, in quite some time, but I do have some experience with live performance. I bet that there is a recorded track that they play for instruments that are out. If there is no back-up drummer, then they have to have something to play to continue on with the production. The fact that they introduce a drummer who's not there...that's odd.

I sat front row for two separate performances of SIX on my cruise on Bliss this summer, and it was clear that performances and vocals were different from show to show. The second show even had an alternate on as K. Howard and her choices were DRASTICALLY different than the performer I saw the previous show.

• Like 1

On the bliss last year, was talking with a pax (who was in show biz) and wondered if some of the cast from Prohibition was also in Six. He said it couldn’t be as Six (and ostensibly other production shows I guess) were equity actors  and only performed accompanied with live music. 
Thought that was a rather interesting tidbit, hadn’t really thought about the different levels of productions / class system.

13 hours ago, Melody7 said:

I haven't been part of a production, nor a professional one, in quite some time, but I do have some experience with live performance. I bet that there is a recorded track that they play for instruments that are out. If there is no back-up drummer, then they have to have something to play to continue on with the production. The fact that they introduce a drummer who's not there...that's odd.

Having a recorded track in the event a musician was out would have been my thought as well. It’s possible that they introduced the absent drummer because she did record the track and is part of the Ladies in Waiting – – the band that plays in SIX.

We saw SIX twice on the Breakaway a year ago, and it was definitely a live performance. We absolutely fell in love with it so much so that we have since seen the American touring company, and, most recently, saw SIX in London — the best production of all.

Edited by Turtles06

18 hours ago, Melody7 said:

I do have some experience with live performance. I bet that there is a recorded track that they play for instruments that are out. If there is no back-up drummer, then they have to have something to play to continue on with the production. The fact that they introduce a drummer who's not there...that's odd.

I sat front row for two separate performances of SIX on my cruise on Bliss this summer, and it was clear that performances and vocals were different from show to show. The second show even had an alternate on as K. Howard and her choices were DRASTICALLY different than the performer I saw the previous show.

5 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Having a recorded track in the event a musician was out would have been my thought as well. It’s possible that they introduced the absent drummer because she did record the track and is part of the Ladies in Waiting – – the band that plays in SIX.

ahh.. only if a band member is out do they play the pre-recorded track?

do they only play the drummer's track and the remaining band members are live?

hm.. wonder how the show would sound without drums?

and yes, introducing the drummer who is clearly missing is odd.

they probably should have announced the drummer is out and they're using a pre-recorded track only of her drums so the show doesnt get canceled and disappoint the passengers.

Edited by fstuff1

This is interesting as on the 14 night Breakaway Cruise that left New York on the 6th Nov, the 3rd and final performance of Six was cancelled…and it was explained it was because the keyboard player was sick, and because of licensing conditions of the show, because the show couldn’t be performed in its entirety then it couldn’t be performed at all.  One of the comedians from Headliners was upgraded to the theatre that evening and performed there instead.

We were on the 10/16 sailing for Breakaway.  The drummer for SIX was incredible.  She was also the drummer for Burn the Floor and performed in Howl at the Moon.  Went by differ names. Katie at Howl, Sarah at Burn and Annie at SIX.  Sorry you missed her and hope she is well.