Just off Jewel OTS: Quest is Back!

D41

Hey! I’m going on the Jewel on Dec. 9. How did your cruise go? What’s the general vibe like on the ship? Is the staffing good? Is the food quality? This will be my first cruise in 8 years and my husband’s first ever so I’m trying to figure out what to expect. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D41 said:

Otherwise known as    Voluntary Familiarity with Strangers

Please ask any questions and I will try to answer

What do people throw down instead of a cruise compass (since the physical copies are slowly being retired!)

21 hours ago, HolyShip! said:

What do people throw down instead of a cruise compass (since the physical copies are slowly being retired!)

She accepted either paper copies or showing the activities on the app

On 11/27/2022 at 9:09 PM, Dp1997 said:

Hey! I’m going on the Jewel on Dec. 9. How did your cruise go? What’s the general vibe like on the ship? Is the staffing good? Is the food quality? This will be my first cruise in 8 years and my husband’s first ever so I’m trying to figure out what to expect. 

Staff were great for the most part.  We especially enjoyed the Cruise Activities Staff and our Steward was the second best that we have had since cruising restart (about 6 cruises).  Food was hit or miss.  For example, they would not toast the breakfast power wrap and embarkation prime rib was inedible.  The  Braised Shortrib in the dining room was excellent as always, my DH says.  But there seemed to be a lot of new staff that still needed training.  Asking for a cup of ice really threw one of them off 🙂 

One thing I really really enjoyed about the ship is that nearly everywhere you go, you can see the ocean view.  You will understand once you are onboard. It's breathtaking.

Also adding:  I sailed over Thanksgiving which meant many kids and teenagers.  I think the staff may have found them overwhelming as it was only the third or fourth sailing since returning from Europe.  Our  sailing was sold out.  Your experience will probably be even better 🙂

Edited by D41
adding that I was on sold out ship
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Quest was back on Grandeur a few weeks ago. Was a hoot! Glad they brought it back! Now...how about the official Meet and Mingle? Any chance that will be brought back or gone forever?

I have been checking nearly every day, lol.  I have another cruise on Royal in December.  Then we are taking a year off to explore other travel/lines.

My husband and I are traveling for the first time on a cruise with our 4 boys (4y-13y) and both our sets of parents on the Jewel of the Seas Holiday Cruise Dec 22-31.  Any secret tips would be so appreciated!!

Are the cabanas on Haiti worth it?  Does the ship provide beach towels? Do the in room tvs have movies or shows for children? Sorry for all the questions, just freaking out about traveling on a cruise ship with all my kids lol!

Thank you!!

6 hours ago, FourBoyMom said:

My husband and I are traveling for the first time on a cruise with our 4 boys (4y-13y) and both our sets of parents on the Jewel of the Seas Holiday Cruise Dec 22-31.  Any secret tips would be so appreciated!!

Are the cabanas on Haiti worth it?  Does the ship provide beach towels? Do the in room tvs have movies or shows for children? Sorry for all the questions, just freaking out about traveling on a cruise ship with all my kids lol!

Thank you!!

Can’t think of any secret tips. We are in our late 60s. Enjoy the quietness of the solarium. They have a lot of activities for

families and kids. Get some magnets with hooks on them so you can hang stuff from the walls. They are handy. That’s my only tip

8 hours ago, FourBoyMom said:

Thank you!!

Hi!  That sounds like an amazing family holiday 🙂 You will have a blast!.  We are also a couple in our 50s, so I cannot answer most of your  questions. 

The ship provides beach towels but you need to scan your sea pass (room key) to check them out and there is a charge if you do not return them. 

For the cabana, that is personal preference.  I will say that I leave the ship fairly early and there are many many beach umbrellas available.

We never really turned on the TV, we were too busy out and about and we bring our own  tablets with movies/shows/books loaded on them.

I will say that I was on the Thanksgiving sailing which meant many many young ones.  They all seemed quite happy 🙂 

I agree with the tip about magnetic hooks.  I don't cruise without them.  I also bring magnet decorations for my door.  It helps when walking down the long hall of staterooms.

Lastly, if any of you find a 'toy' duck, it is perfectly ok to keep it (or them)  I myself hide about 40 every cruise in areas for both kids and adults 😄