Soot of the Seas

JoeD67

I never saw the soot that bad on the suite sun deck during the TA, but it was there.  You had to be very careful when choosing a spot to sit.  We also had soot on our Owners Suite balcony chairs as well.  Not the only reason we didn't spend time on our balcony, but it was an additional factor.

I thought the stacks were putting out horrible amounts of black smoke everywhere we went.  It just looks nasty.  For a new ship it should've gotten a failing grade for it.  Sorry, but that was absolutely disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Teeara said:

I never saw the soot that bad on the suite sun deck during the TA, but it was there.  You had to be very careful when choosing a spot to sit.  We also had soot on our Owners Suite balcony chairs as well.  Not the only reason we didn't spend time on our balcony, but it was an additional factor.

I thought the stacks were putting out horrible amounts of black smoke everywhere we went.  It just looks nasty.  For a new ship it should've gotten a failing grade for it.  Sorry, but that was absolutely disgusting.

IMHO that really devalues the Owner Suite Experience...............We would have had one of those cabins to if we had taken our Wonder Cruise this past September that we canceled. We would  not have been happy about that, We would have been using our Balcony and Suite deck a lot but not under those conditions I have seen on this thread.

Edited by Jimbo

59 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's really bad, guess now I'm in no rush to every sail on that ship. 

It was the Serenade of the Seas with nice  environmental friendly gas turbine engines which  are costly  to run, so they installed additional heavy marine  fuel engines  to save fuel costs while  in port  with the resulting  issues 

25 minutes ago, sowhat said:

It was the Serenade of the Seas with nice  environmental friendly gas turbine engines which  are costly  to run, so they installed additional heavy marine  fuel engines  to save fuel costs while  in port  with the resulting  issues 

We are boarding Serenade for B2B on Saturday.  Good to hear about the soot clean up on the sweet little ship, especially since we are in favorite little corner aft balcony 9256 for this one.  🙂 

• Like 2

We were not in a suite, but the soot definitely seemed worse after the speed up to San Juan. We didn’t have any issues at the place scape or mini golf area until the last few nights when it did ruin a couple of our outfits. I should’ve probably stopped at guest services to discuss but the lines were obviously very long due to the other issues.

5 hours ago, sowhat said:

Nice clean suite area

P1200787.JPG

P1200788.JPG

P1200790.JPG

P1200793.JPG

Is that the Wonder?  It doesn't look like anything I saw on the Wonder.  We were on the suite sun deck every morning from 0800 to about 1600 all last week and that doesn't look like the Wonder.  

IMG_1653.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

IMHO that really devalues the Owner Suite Experience...............We would have had one of those cabins to if we had taken our Wonder Cruise this past September that we canceled. We would  not have been happy about that, We would have been using our Balcony and Suite deck a lot but not under those conditions I have seen on this thread.

We were in 1832 last week and never had a soot issue on our balcony and only a little on the suite sun deck the last couple of days when running all engines full speed for the medical emergency.  What we didn't like about the suite sun deck is how it overlooks the sports deck.  This generates a lot of noise, where the suite sun decks on Oasis and Allure face toward the sea and are quite.  

1 hour ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Is that the Wonder?  It doesn't look like anything I saw on the Wonder.  We were on the suite sun deck every morning from 0800 to about 1600 all last week and that doesn't look like the Wonder.  

IMG_1653.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG

Looks like you had a great time, but your photos do not show the seating which is what I was originally reporting.   I have photos of that lounger you are sitting on.   It’s bad too.

To be honest, I don’t think those photos someone else posted are of Wonder.   I don’t want to represent Wonder as being anywhere near that bad.   But spending Suite money for an amenity they advertise the heck out of and have it so dirty is a problem.   

3 hours ago, JoeD67 said:

Looks like you had a great time, but your photos do not show the seating which is what I was originally reporting.   I have photos of that lounger you are sitting on.   It’s bad too.

We did have a great time even the "free" extra day.  There was really no soot issue on suite sun deck during our cruise.  We had that lounger every day there was little if any soot the entire week.