Neptune on westerdam

gizmodog

5 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Has anyone stayed in a Neptune suite corner aft room? I booked one, don’t know anything about Holland ships nor their suites. Just looking for any information about the room and the corner balcony.

thanks

You are in one of my favorite rooms in the HAL fleet where you can entertain 40 of your best friends on the huge wraparound balcony.  Amazing views and photo ops.  No wind so you can dine on your balcony while the ship is moving.  Kudos for your good fortune in getting one of the first rooms to be booked on every ship.  Enjoy!!!!

Just now, gizmodog said:

Thank you, I am on deck 5  your reply has me looking forward to the cruise. 
I so appreciate it!

Even better.  Your balcony is fully covered so you can party while the ship is moving and it is raining. 

FWIW you will also have a radio-controlled clock that will change automatically for each time zone entered.

Also authorized afternoon appetizers delivery every day.  Just tell the Neptune Suites Concierge what you want (hot or cold) and the time.  In spite of not being on the appetizer menu, you can request chicken wings (I did).  Save a few in your minibar for a cold snack at bedtime.

• Like 4

We were on deck 7 starboard aft, views great! Lots of vibration, felt like we were going down a bumpy dirt road. Maybe just a problem with that specific sailing, we won’t do an aft again for that problem.

We were in one on the Nieuw Amsterdam this year. It was great for viewing glaciers on the Alaska cruise, and it would be terrific for sunbathing on a warmer cruise. There were a couple of days of vibration, especially at night, and the side portion of the balcony was quite windy while underway.

On negative side, the cabin itself was noticeably smaller than other Neptune Suites and it was a lon-n-n-g way from the Neptune Lounge, which we almost never use anyway.

21 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

I was afraid they were smaller, I have 3 in the cabin, my grandaughter, from looking at pictures to pull out the sofa bed it looks like it won’t work, bed to close.

The sofa probably does not pull out but rather flip lengthwise. That way is does not have much deeper of a footprint as a bed than sofa  Also it it much more comfortable than a home-style fold-out with the metal bars.

That was the sort of sofa bed we have had on the old Statendam inside (!) and on the Zaandam Vista Suite.

ETA: I could not find a photo of any aft-wrap Neptunes made up as a triple, but plenty that show the sofa is long enough to make up as we've experienced.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Thanks, first time we have had three in a room, 8th grade graduation present. Was hoping by booking a Neptune there would be enough space

A Neptune Suite has more room than any other (except Pinnacle Suite) stateroom and will easily accommodate a third passenger.  The Room Stewards will take care of the sofa conversion for you each day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IPB4IGO said:

We were in one on the Nieuw Amsterdam this year. It was great for viewing glaciers on the Alaska cruise, and it would be terrific for sunbathing on a warmer cruise. There were a couple of days of vibration, especially at night, and the side portion of the balcony was quite windy while underway.

On negative side, the cabin itself was noticeably smaller than other Neptune Suites and it was a lon-n-n-g way from the Neptune Lounge, which we almost never use anyway.

We were just in a Neptune Suite on the Nieuw Amsterdam on our cruise to Hawaii and didn't like the room. Not a spacious as the Neptune's on the older, smaller ships. Didn't even have a curtain to separate the sitting room from the beds. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 7:21 PM, gizmodog said:

Thank you, I am on deck 5  your reply has me looking forward to the cruise. 
I so appreciate it!

You will LOVE this cabin, especially the huge balcony.  We did actually have 40 people on it one time, so this is accurate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/1/2022 at 11:45 AM, gizmodog said:

I was afraid they were smaller, I have 3 in the cabin, my grandaughter, from looking at pictures to pull out the sofa bed it looks like it won’t work, bed to close.

Just for grins, I pulled out the sofa bed on our aft-wrap a few months ago. There is plenty of room for it, but certainly no privacy. 

Here are three pics of the cabin.

PXL_20220529_230314456 (Large).jpg

PXL_20220529_230318649 (Large).jpg

PXL_20220529_230322779 (Large).jpg

• Like 2