Norway - any "do not miss" ports?

Piaa

Hi everyone - considering the Viking Saturn in July 2024,  26 night, Stockholm to Iceland (Norway heavy) cruise and as I am not familiar with the region (just started to consider this cruise) are there any "do not miss" or "make sure you stop at **** port" that we should be sure the sailing visits.

Thank you for any suggestions.

3 hours ago, Piaa said:

Hi everyone - considering the Viking Saturn in July 2024,  26 night, Stockholm to Iceland (Norway heavy) cruise and as I am not familiar with the region (just started to consider this cruise) are there any "do not miss" or "make sure you stop at **** port" that we should be sure the sailing visits.

A bit too vague - what people may like or think is not to be missed might not fit into the types of places you like.  Let us know what are the kinds of places that you like?  (i.e. cities, small towns, places with hiking or adventure, walking places, touristy places).  Norway has it all.  

So - it all depends on your interests.

We did Midnight Sun last summer and there was a wide variety of places from large to small, unique to similar.  Anyone of which could be labeled by someone as can't miss (or conversely, avoid).

3 hours ago, Piaa said:

You could easily spend a year there and not see “everything”- - I have been there at least 20 times and there are still places I have never been. Are you mostly interested in nature, WWII history, Vikings, food, handicrafts, fjords or? Ask away!

1 hour ago, stcroixguy said:

Janetcbl,  we are cruising in May, Amsterdam to Bergen with the Bergen / Oslo extension.  We take the train from Bergen to Oslo.  Should we do Norway in a nutshell or is this a repeat of our scheduled transfer to Oslo?

I have never done the Viking  transfer Bergen to Oslo, but I do not think it includes the side trip to Flam. The train ride itself spends about 3 hours in magnificent scenery (Bergen - Geilo), but after that it is less spectacular. Personally, I would do the transfer on my own, including an overnight in Flam. A TA can arrange it, including forwarding your heavy luggage from Bergen to your hotel in Oslo. Hope this info in helpful.