Is it possible to Pin a post in a topic or update the first post?

If possible, I would like to update a topic so that people do not have to read a few hundred replies to see what is going on.

The topic in question is linked below.
What I believe would be helpful to add to the original post or pin to the top.
Update:
This is not a companywide mandate; most ships still have layered/mixed shots.

Currently, only two ships have reported any issue at all, and it is not with every sailing.  

NCL Pearl and Breakaway

The staff on the ships say it is a company mandate, but this is not true.  No explanation for the temporary/select ban on layered shots on select ships.

You can only modify a post for 20 min after posting.  You cold make a new post in the thread, quoting the original post.  If people have read the post, and are logged in, they can click on the blue dot to the left of the thread and it will take them to the latest unread post.  Actually, I find clicking on the title of the thread takes me to the last unread post.

I think only the mods can pin a post.  You can click on the three little dots in the upper right of your original post, click on report, and ask for it to be pinned.  If they think it worthwhile, they will.  EM

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

That post (IMO) isn't more worthy than any other post for being pinned.  In my experience the mods wouldn't pin it.

I am not wanting it pinned in the overall.  What I am waiting for is another post in that thread/topic pinned at the top of that thread/topic.  I don't care if the overall topic gets buried.  Sorry for the confusion.  

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

You can only modify a post for 20 min after posting.  You cold make a new post in the thread, quoting the original post.  If people have read the post, and are logged in, they can click on the blue dot to the left of the thread and it will take them to the latest unread post.  Actually, I find clicking on the title of the thread takes me to the last unread post.

I think only the mods can pin a post.  You can click on the three little dots in the upper right of your original post, click on report, and ask for it to be pinned.  If they think it worthwhile, they will.  EM

Thanks, Essiesmon,  Yea I edited it once that day.  As more information came out over the day(s) details are getting lost in the thread.