Thoughts on 11/19-11/29 Enchanted Princess Cruise

Brickwood

We traveled with two other couples, all in our 60s, though DH did turn 70 on this cruise.  Overall, we really enjoyed the cruise.  Here are some of my observations of our experience

• None of us had received our medallions prior to the cruise. Not to worry – very quick to pick them up when you check in. 
  • Our room was well serviced twice a day by our steward. 
  • Once we got hooked up correctly, the app worked pretty well.  Be sure to read the instructions in your room regarding how to set this up

Could easily switch wifi from one device to another with the ‘one device per passenger’ plan.

• Wifi not the best but sufficient for our needs.  Often booted off for unknown reason but easy enough to get back on.
  • We used Whats App for texting amongst our group since ATT wanted to charge me 50 cents per text or $10 per day for cell/texting.
  • Room service was awful.  Orders showed cancelled for no reason, orders not ours showing in the app and items saying delivered but never received.  After about day 3 we quit even trying to order coffee in the morning and didn’t try room service much at all for other things.·
  • We tried all 3 dining rooms, typically eating between 5:30 and 6:00.  I’d suggest 5:30 or earlier for dining if you want to make the 7:30 show because you really need to get there ½ hour early.  Capri was my favorite
  • MDR was hit and miss as far as service but we were always seated promptly and never had to wait more than a couple of minutes.  I did see one couple who were upset that they couldn’t get the table for 2 that they had reserved.  But after some rather heated discussion, they were shown in to the dining room.  Sometimes our meal was well paced and other times we had to wait quite a bit between courses.  No worries for us, we had lots to chat about.
  • We thought dinners in the MDR were overall pretty good.  Everyone found something to their liking.  Ate lunch in the MDR once and it was very good.
  • Buffet needs improvement.  Seemed very much the same day to day.  We cruised last year with NCL and their buffet was much better.  Standout at the buffet for my husband was that they had at least on gluten free dessert every day.  He was pretty much in heaven with that. They also accommodated his gluten free diet very well in the MDR.
  • The only show we saw was Rock Opera and didn’t care for it at all.  Sound was not good making the performers sound almost like they were shrieking.  Couldn’t figure out a story line either.  A couple we met said the another show, 5 Skies,was excellent. These shows were only shown once during the 10 day cruise so be sure you make plans for what you want to see.
  • The usual chair hogs claiming their chairs next to the pool early in the morning were present.  While irritating, we always found a chair somewhere..  
  • We’d been to all of the ports except Grenada before.  Did Princess tours on most because I had quite a bit of OBC, but did rent golf carts on Bonaire.  I didn’t go because DH wasn’t feeling well but the other two couples had a great time.
  • We used Princess EZ Check for our bags at disembarkation.  It worked great but we didn't actually find out until about 6:00 pm the night before we were leaving that we were okayed for this service which was a a bit worrisome when they ask that your bags be out by 8:00.  But it all worked out fine.

Happy cruising!

Edited by Host Jazzbeau
title changed as OP's request
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, beach_fever_4ever said:

A lot of good information, thanks. Do you know what time the 2nd show began?

you can see all the patters posted in my topic. All the shows were at 7:30 and 9:30 every day. Show up about 9 or before 9 to get seats/good seats. 🙂

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Brickwood said:

•  
  • Our room was well serviced twice a day by our steward. 

Sounds like when we were last on the ship.

• Once we got hooked up correctly, the app worked pretty well.  

We also never had any problems with it- only that at peak time it was a little slow and you had to order in advance.

• Could easily switch wifi from one device to another with the ‘one device per passenger’ plan.

I was considering purchasing Wi-Fi additional devices but like you said, it's not that difficult to switch.

• Wifi not the best but sufficient for our needs.  Often booted off for unknown reason but easy enough to get back on.

We never had any problems last April but the ship wasn't nearly as crowded. We shall see. 

• We used Whats App for texting amongst our group since ATT wanted to charge me 50 cents per text or $10 per day for cell/texting.

It's free and easy to use. 

• We tried all 3 dining rooms, typically eating between 5:30 and 6:00.  I’d suggest 5:30 or earlier for dining if you want to make the 7:30 show because you really need to get there ½ hour early.  Capri was my favorite

Sounds good. 

• MDR was hit and miss as far as service but we were always seated promptly and never had to wait more than a couple of minutes. 

Same for us.

• We thought dinners in the MDR were overall pretty good.  Everyone found something to their liking.  Ate lunch in the MDR once and it was very good.
  • Buffet needs improvement.  

No complaints from us.

• The only show we saw was Rock Opera and didn’t care for it at all.  Sound was not good making the performers sound almost like they were shrieking.  Couldn’t figure out a story line either.  A couple we met said the another show, 5 Skies,was excellent. These shows were only shown once during the 10 day cruise so be sure you make plans for what you want to see.

Same for me. I thought it was that Princess was aiming  the shows at a younger audience.

• The usual chair hogs claiming their chairs next to the pool early in the morning were present.  While irritating, we always found a chair somewhere..  

We go with the flow.

Happy cruising!

Thanks for your review. 

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Thoughts on 11/19-11/29 Enchanted Princess Cruise