AND WE'RE OFF - on board and ready to go, Celebrity Summit to Key West/ Cozumel, December 3

mhoffrob

We had dinner at Tuscan Grill which I felt was a bit underwhelming.  Saw the comedian performer, and then an evening hop to Ocean View Cafe.  I love going there in the evenings when it’s quiet.  Lots of crew up there tonight, eating, which is nice to see.

E620CA1F-EB72-4713-B045-38444F06EAEC.jpeg

Made it to day 2!  Getting ready to head into Key West . . . 

We enjoyed sailaway from the helipad, so neat to watch a bigger Carnival ship execute a three point turn before we could leave the dock ourselves.  Got a bit windy as we approached the open seas, but was worth it!  We were the last to leave, but my arthritic knees complained later after all that standing on the concrete deck!

Kept exploring after that - had a drink at the Pool Bar, returned to our cabin to relax a bit and get ready for dinner.  We're "open dining", so headed to Cellar Masters then in to eat.  Lovely table for two - no adjacent neighbors, great wait staff (Jessmon as lead waiter)  Then checked in on the entertainment around and about - Ended up in the Sunset bar for one last drink, before heading back to turn in.

I will say we have yet to find a truly quiet lounge - once the Strings at Sea (Cellarmasters), DJ (Martini Bar), and a duo (Sunset) started, we wished we were seated further from the action.  Will continue our search!

Heading out to the Hemingway House, and then to find somewhere to watch the Bears v Packers game, since it doesn't appear to be an on board option today.  Neither team can is really going anywhere this season, but the rivalry lives on!!

• Like 4

Congratulations on your first cruise, mhoffrob.  I hope you enjoy it so much that you book another while on board to get the perks of booking on board.

You can have the pastries free at Al Baccio without buying coffee.  The almond croissants, lemon tarts and fruit tarts are amazing.

Bon voyage!

Great picture.  Who looks after kitty?

1 minute ago, AmCam said:

Not sure the name but it’s just up from Mallory Square and right near Truman House.

It’s pier B.   It’s a privately owned pier that I believe has a contract through 2024 with Key West. Thats the only reason cruise ships are stopping there.  The city voted to ban large ships. The other 2 piers are city/military owned and are respecting the vote and not accepting ships. 

• Thanks 2

On 12/3/2022 at 6:46 PM, Wolf 8 said:

Have an amazing time.  Don't waste a moment. . . . .sleeping can wait for home.  And FYI - If you see an appetizer on the menu you like, ORDER TWO! (Trust me, it's OK).

Tomorrow my wife and I (I married better than she did) fly to Miami and board the Silhouette Monday to celebrate 38 years of my good fortune.  🥰

What a sweet message!

• Like 1

“will say we have yet to find a truly quiet lounge”

We also found that a challenge in October. We sailed from Boston-MIA and tried hard to find a good dance combo. It was difficult. The music is TOO LOUD and not for traditional ballroom type dancing. We are sailing Summit again in January and will try speaking to the Cruise Director on night one! See what kind of response we get…. It seems like bands find it impossible to turn (or tone) down the volume.