Princess Christmas...

8 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

It's starting to feel like Christmas on the Grand Princess. Decorations went up during our first Port visit yesterday. I feel they are tastefully done.IMG_20221205_202512.thumb.jpg.85ea839a9fbdac57b3c3b4394450a9ed.jpg

Ho ho ho little trees. Royal giant tree appeared after thanksgiving...20221129_165615.thumb.jpg.b7071ec4ad43cb2cca901886644aa9ad.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I have found the decorations well done on the numerous ships we have been on around Xmas time but Xmas dinner sadly lacking.

I would sincerely agree. Adding baked ham to a generic dinner menu was a little bit less than I was expecting last time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Looks festive enough for me. I will be on the grand for Christmas and new year. What do Princess usually do to celebrate?

We have had it snowing (artificially) in the atrium, one of the cruise staff dresses up as the big man, and distributes presents to the kids, a gingerbread village was revealed, passenger singing group did carols, Christmas songs added into the solo entertainers' song lists, and baked ham added to the dinner menu.

As with the pics, I don't know who has the giantest tree, but they all have big ones. Also, lots of decorations around the ship, and many passengers will also add some chrissy bling to their cabin doors.

• Like 1

I'll be on the Grand for Christmas too. I've done a couple of previous NZ Christmas cruises and have loved the festivities. I enjoy the gingerbread house making competition on Christmas day (despite being completely hopeless at it). There have been Christmas carols on Christmas eve, the theatre show on Christmas eve is usualy Christmas themed (cruise director reading children's letters to Santa etc). The food hasn't been particularly "festive" for Christmas day, but personally that doesn't bother me.

• Like 3

I was a little disappointed that Majestic had not put up its decorations in late November. Some years ago a friend and I were on Radiance OTS at the same time and when we got up one morning, the ship was decorated - such a surprise and it looked wonderful.

Silversea did two formal meals for Christmas - and both were excellent - from memory pheasant or similar Christmas Eve and I think turkey etc on Christmas Day. 

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer said:

I was a little disappointed that Majestic had not put up its decorations in late November. Some years ago a friend and I were on Radiance OTS at the same time and when we got up one morning, the ship was decorated - such a surprise and it looked wonderful.

Silversea did two formal meals for Christmas - and both were excellent - from memory pheasant or similar Christmas Eve and I think turkey etc on Christmas Day. 

How late in November? I think most of the cruise lines wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas.

• Like 1