The port of Amalfi has been canceled for the May 6, 2023, cruise

tyler6597

Hello all. I received an email from Azamara about canceling the stop at the port of Amalfi a due to national bike race. They are substituting this cancellation with the Port of Portovenere which is fine with me because it is a beautiful small Italian city. This also means that the order of ports has been shifted so if anyone has made shore excursions through Azamara or private you might want to change your dates. You can go online with Azamara to see what shore excursions have been cancelled and maybe there's more new excursions from the new port. 

Tyler

• Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 10:05 PM, tyler6597 said:

Hello all. I received an email from Azamara about canceling the stop at the port of Amalfi a due to national bike race. They are substituting this cancellation with the Port of Portovenere which is fine with me because it is a beautiful small Italian city. This also means that the order of ports has been shifted so if anyone has made shore excursions through Azamara or private you might want to change your dates. You can go online with Azamara to see what shore excursions have been cancelled and maybe there's more new excursions from the new port. 

Tyler

Bit upset about that. Really wanted two days down there.  Whats good to do around Porto Venere? No tours showing yet?

16 minutes ago, HarJan56 said:

Bit upset about that. Really wanted two days down there.  Whats good to do around Porto Venere? No tours showing yet?

Hi , If you look at excursions on Apr 22 Onward , we are stopping in PV . There are only 4 listed at the moment but may give you an idea what is available. 
Also if you do a search for PV on the Azamara  web site ,there is a comprehensive port guide, which is quite helpful. 

Edited by combine
  • Like 1

Porto Venere is one of my favorite Italian Ports. Easy to do things on your own. I would prefer to visit Cinque Terre during a longer stay, but it is also one of the shore excursions usually offered from Porto Venere.
Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 3

I think, in terms of size, Portovenere is more a small port of village size with a nice square and a pleasant walk of about an hour plus a few local shops. A gorgeous spot to sit and admire this part of the Italian Riviera.

As has been stated, there are boats to join visiting nearby Cinque Terre ports which are of similar size but also worth seeing. Probably much cheaper than the ships similar offering but with more flexibility.

• Like 2