Email from Princess saying all guests will self test for covid on 2nd full day of our cruise

korky1

On 12/7/2022 at 6:50 PM, korky1 said:

Just received an email re our 13 night cruise which we board tomorrow.   It states that due to the increased number of covid cases and variants circulating in Australia we will all receive a covid test kit in our cabin on the second day of the cruise with instructions .

I have conducted a negative test today.   I  would certainly be volunteering to take a test if I develop any symptoms whilst on board.  In fact, I have packed ample test kits for this purpose. 

It just doesn't sit well with me to be told to take a test if I am feeling 100% fine.  Don't get me wrong, I will do the test as if that is what they require,  then so be it.

I wonder if this happening on Carnival and P&O also or only on Princess?

It might be because it is a 13 night cruise.   It didn't happen on my recent 7 day cruise on Luminosa. 

We are on the 5 night Grand Princess Melb - Adelaide Kangaroo Island cruise . Any idea on the testing for that - are we able to bring saliva tests  if testing on day 2 is mandatory - the nose swab makes my nose bleed I"ve done so many ( I test daily as my work requires it )

17 hours ago, hammo said:

We are on the 5 night Grand Princess Melb - Adelaide Kangaroo Island cruise . Any idea on the testing for that - are we able to bring saliva tests  if testing on day 2 is mandatory - the nose swab makes my nose bleed I"ve done so many ( I test daily as my work requires it )

Bring your own then if they do require a test then ask Guest Services if you can use that.

On 12/8/2022 at 10:59 AM, arxcards said:

Why even a photo. Just showing a negative strip to your steward shouldn't be a health issue. 

On Coral Princess we did the RAT test on Day 2 and the result strip had to be inspected by your steward. I assume the results were then passed on and recorded. It did seem to flush out a few new confirmed Covid cases.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NeilonBoard said:

On Coral Princess we did the RAT test on Day 2 and the result strip had to be inspected by your steward. I assume the results were then passed on and recorded. It did seem to flush out a few new confirmed Covid cases.

We've just done RATs on Westerdam. We had to return to our cabin by 9am, the test kits were issued by our steward and checked once completed. I'm very interested in hearing the Captains announcement later today as we leave Napier - he has been announcing the Covid numbers onboard. Last night only two, both crew members.