Balcony Cabin Configuration

BigB67

Sailing in an Oceanfront Balcony on Harmony in May. I have noticed in looking at pictures and videos that most cabins place the bed nearest the bathroom and couch nearest the balcony. However, some seem to be "flipped" with the bed nearest the balcony and the couch near the bathroom. Is there a way to know which configuration a given cabin will employ? Also, I would be curious to hear if there is a preference for one configuration over the other?

Someone will give you the formula for understanding the placement, you need to count from the nearest connecting cabin.  Wife loves the bed by the closet, that puts the makeup desk by the slider, balcony door is aways open when she is getting ready. She loves to listen to the waves. 

It's not 'most' or 'some', it's literally every other cabin.  The way to figure it out is to find a connecting cabin. The cabin on the LEFT (as though you are in the hallway looking at the two doors) has the bed by the bathroom. The one on the right has the bed by the balcony.  Now just go up and down the deck doing every other from there.  As for preference, I prefer the bed by the bathroom so that you can get out to the balcony easier, and so that that whole open and larger 'living area' encompasses the balcony, and so that the sunlight isn't blocked by the bed.  I've actually never had the bed by the balcony and actively seek out cabins to avoid it.  If you tell me your cabin number on Harmony I'd be happy to let you know how it's arranged.

8 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

As for preference, I prefer the bed by the bathroom so that you can get out to the balcony easier, and so that that whole open and larger 'living area' encompasses the balcony, and so that the sunlight isn't blocked by the bed.  I've actually never had the bed by the balcony and actively seek out cabins to avoid it.  If you tell me your cabin number on Harmony I'd be happy to let you know how it's arranged.

And I prefer the bed by the balcony, so that I have the big open space as I enter.  😄 

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies. Our group actually has three rooms. I think I have a handle on the configuration now. Looks like my wife and I will have a bed by the balcony. Will be a new experience for us. Always happy to try something new. 🙂

41 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

It's not 'most' or 'some', it's literally every other cabin.  The way to figure it out is to find a connecting cabin. The cabin on the LEFT (as though you are in the hallway looking at the two doors) has the bed by the bathroom. The one on the right has the bed by the balcony.  Now just go up and down the deck doing every other from there.  As for preference, I prefer the bed by the bathroom so that you can get out to the balcony easier, and so that that whole open and larger 'living area' encompasses the balcony, and so that the sunlight isn't blocked by the bed.  I've actually never had the bed by the balcony and actively seek out cabins to avoid it.  If you tell me your cabin number on Harmony I'd be happy to let you know how it's arranged.

Is this the same pattern for balconies that are over Central Park?  Would you be able to help me figure out the configuration of 12589 vs 12187 on Oasis? Thanks

8 minutes ago, kj_connections said:

Is this the same pattern for balconies that are over Central Park?  Would you be able to help me figure out the configuration of 12589 vs 12187 on Oasis? Thanks

Applies to all balconies on Ossis class ships. 

Both of those have the bed by the bath. 

Fyi all cabins thst sleep 4 or more guests will have the bed by the bath while cabins that sleep 2 can have either configuration. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It allows plumbing to share a common wall and to offset the adjoining wall to allow for a more efficient use of space

Probably similar to the Celebrity Solstice Class ships.  Staterooms are built in modules of two, so that makes sense connecting the plumbing between the two.