Dinner on the Edge

garyl62

We'll be on Apex in March and this recently showed up in my cruise planner.  I made a reservation and currently there is just a "placeholder" date and time like many other special events dining events typically have prior to the cruise.  This one says 10:00 AM on departure day so I assume we'll learn more after boarding.

My question is for anyone who has done this, probably specific to Apex, what can you tell me about the wind and conditions while dining?  We leave every port between 4:00 and 6:00PM, and we have a couple sea days thrown in so I'm guessing dinner will be served while the ship is in motion.  Also, does anyone recall what day of the cruise this typically occurs on?  We are in a suite so we'll be dining in Luminae and we already have 2 reservations in Eden and 1 in Fine Cut so now I'm debating if Dinner on the Edge is going to be something we really want to do so I'd be interested in other's opinion.  

We did cruise last year on edge in penthouse and cruise on beyond last week , we loved fine cut on edge and was mediocre last week on Beyond. Normally just love Luminae, I would consider Le petit chef which we loved on both ships. You will love outside retreat with bar and pool , great service etc , also open for lunch on port days when Luminae is closed.

5 minutes ago, George C said:

We did cruise last year on edge in penthouse and cruise on beyond last week , we loved fine cut on edge and was mediocre last week on Beyond. Normally just love Luminae, I would consider Le petit chef which we loved on both ships. You will love outside retreat with bar and pool , great service etc , also open for lunch on port days when Luminae is closed.

Thanks for the reply George.

As a point of clarification, Dinner on the Edge is what Celebrity calls a Specialty Dining dinner on the Magic Carpet and our reservation is for that dinner so that is why I'm asking about wind and the experience in general

• Like 1

We had Dinner on the Edge on the Edge during our 11 day cruise! We found out about our specific day when it was day two on the cruise. The dinner has to be scheduled in port and based on weather conditions. It was the best dinner we had during our entire cruise, next to Blue. They move out the casual chairs and bring in nice two top tables. The starter was a charcuterie board followed by the biggest seafood tower (with lobster). The main course was chateaubriand and grilled lobster with amazing vegetables. The desert had three favorites and my favorite was the chocolate cigar! The one thing I remember is they did not provide the small forks for the crab legs. Other than that, the service and food was superb! No wind issues since you are in port.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 4:08 PM, DallasCruiseCouple said:

We had Dinner on the Edge on the Edge during our 11 day cruise! We found out about our specific day when it was day two on the cruise. The dinner has to be scheduled in port and based on weather conditions. It was the best dinner we had during our entire cruise, next to Blue. They move out the casual chairs and bring in nice two top tables. The starter was a charcuterie board followed by the biggest seafood tower (with lobster). The main course was chateaubriand and grilled lobster with amazing vegetables. The desert had three favorites and my favorite was the chocolate cigar! The one thing I remember is they did not provide the small forks for the crab legs. Other than that, the service and food was superb! No wind issues since you are in port.

Thanks for the reply, it sounds great!  I'm wondering how it will be scheduled as the latest we're in a port is 6PM.  Hope they don't make it a lunch.

3 hours ago, garyl62 said:

Thanks for the reply, it sounds great!  I'm wondering how it will be scheduled as the latest we're in a port is 6PM.  Hope they don't make it a lunch.

When we have been on cruises with no over night or late night ports the dinner didn’t occur.