Costs between LAX and San Pedro

kelib

Is anyone who has recently flew into LAX then going to San Pedro (Crowne Plaza) willing to share the current cost of Uber, Taxi? 
This will be for 2 people landing around 11:30.(assuming that will not rush hour )

Thanks in advance

Edited by kelib

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2023 at 8:59 PM, wildcats40 said:

We took an Uber from LAX to our hotel (Doubletree in San Pedro) and it was $56 (Friday afternoon).  The Uber Black at the same time was about $110.

How many people and type of vehicle. Thanks

51 minutes ago, coops said:

How many people and type of vehicle. Thanks

Right now it is between 2 or 4. Since I first asked this question I have started tracking Uber for around the time we would be going and it looks like the cost of a regular Uber may be about the same for 2 of us and an UBERXL for 4 of us. Since we are going to different hotels it may be easier to just take an UberX for 2

• Like 1

We had a tough time with UberXL in Fort Lauderdale and I am debating if I should book a "sure thing".  The morning we were leaving the hotel to go to the cruise port I had one XL that took my ride and after 20 minutes never left the spot it started in.  The second proceeded head to the cruise port without picking us up - can they actually double book?

Anyway, eager to get to the cruise, my group was getting antsy.  Third time and 45 minutes later, we were picked up.  When we were leaving the cruise port, XL there within 5 minutes.  Seamless.

Would like to get a feel for what is happening there, especially on departure morning.

A reasonable estimate for an Uber/Lyft is $30-$60 each way.  You cannot predict the exact price.  Uber will allow you to schedule a ride in advance, generally at a slightly higher fare than its algorithm would expect it to normally garner, but be warned that there are drivers often cancel rides.  You cannot predict the vehicle - I could be "upgraded" to an 8-seat car whereas you could be crammed into a tiny compact car in which you'd be lucky if there was room for your baggage (okay, I'm slightly exaggerating here).  

• Like 1