Did NCL change their BOGO air deviation policy?

v3cruiser

Hey there cruisers. I dont know how many people go with the buy one get one free airfare  but we just made a reservation for 2025 and they wont let us do air deviations, flying in two days early, until 180 days out and if that's if they are available. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Any details?

Edited by v3cruiser
  • Like 1

Our TA tried to get the air deviation when we first booked, but was unable to. He e-mailed back to me that you usually have to wait until 270 days before. Our cruise is next August, and when I reminded him to try again, he did. We are now down for the deviation and a $25 credit each.

I repeat, he said 270 days. We are more than 180 days out, but NCL now has us with a flight deviation. If it makes a difference, we are flying to Heathrow from Newark.

3 hours ago, asmit4 said:

I understand not being able to add it until 180 days out but 'if available'? What does that mean? Maybe if you are flying from some really small place and there isn't a flight the day before or something at all? 

Not sure. I think im at the point im going to get an ncl cruise planner and tell them what are preferences are. It will save me tons of phone calls and possible worries. we booked a cruise from israel to rome in 2025 on the epic.  we are in st. louis. Ive always been able to ask for 2 day deviation before.

not cruise related but  Ive flown from st. louis to saudi arabia back to st louis and it was usually a two day thing flying to new york/boston then to london, staying nightly and then riyadh to khamis mushayt next day. I supposed getting to tel aviv will be about the same but perhaps we can get to tel aviv straight from london. 

Edited by v3cruiser

2025? That is still two plus YEARS away. Anything can change by then including the bankruptcy / merging / acquisition of both airlines and cruise lines.

Personally, I envy anybody that can plan that far in advance. At this point (in my life), I can’t even manage to plan two months in advance.

Cheers

Edited by RD64
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, tectop said:

Would the 2 day flight deviation be documented in your booking from NCL? Just wondering where to find this information.

Thanks in advance 

I wanted to add it to booking like i have done in the past and they told me it is too early to do so and must wait until it becomes available.  therefore i do not have it in documents because it was never there. 

I am just hedging my expenses for the future. if we get better airfare or comparable pricing when that time comes we can just cancel ncl air. 

On 12/9/2022 at 5:58 PM, RD64 said:

2025? That is still two plus YEARS away. Anything can change by then including the bankruptcy / merging / acquisition of both airlines and cruise lines.

Personally, I envy anybody that can plan that far in advance. At this point (in my life), I can’t even manage to plan two months in advance.

Cheers

Im just trying to hedge costs for my future travel plans. We are not like many who can just book on a whim and go anywhere for any price. We do like paying for our plans way in advance.