Booking transfer from Heathrow to Southampton

gunnywife

I'm finally ready to book our  transfer from Heathrow to Southampton hotel in June for 7 passengers..  I've reviewed several transfer companies and feel Blackberry Cars seem to be the best.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate it.  And if you have any personal knowledge of Blackberry Cars that would be appreciated as well.

There’s an entire sticky thread at the top of this forum devoted to how to get from London to Southampton and vice versa. Beside that, there are many other threads with personal recommendations for Blackberry Cars (including my own). Just do a search in this forum for Blackberry and you will find them. 😊

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2662148-transfer-southampton—london-incl-lhrlgw-train-car-other/

@gunnywife I used West Quay Cars (https://westquaycars.com) in November for travel from Heathrow to Southampton. Every step from reservation to pick up was easy.  They responded quickly to every email I sent (and I sent quite a few before and after making the reservation) and the price was quite a bit better than the quote I received from Blackberry.  My plane was an hour early arriving at Heathrow and time from walking off the plane, getting through the passport gate and grabbing my suitcase was about 30 minutes. My driver called as I was walking to get my suitcase to say he was almost to the airport. He’d been watching the ETA of my plane and figured  that I would make it through passport/grab my suitcase quickly and be ready for pick up much much earlier then the time I booked. I was a female traveling solo and I felt completely safe and comfortable with my driver. I’ll definitely be using Westquay Cars next November for my transatlantic. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 3:51 PM, Diver2014 said:

We just took National Express bus.  Cheap and runs often.

I had bought tickets in advance (only going to our hotel in town, but the flexible tickets are an option for southampton too I would think) and booked the fully flexible fare.  It wasn't much more and that way I didn't have to worry about making a specific time for the bus or how long customs would take.

Well good thing, I wasn't bright enough to use the passport scanner properly & got sent into another line out of sight of my son.  We got separated, I couldn't see where he was despite looking / asking staff etc.  Huge delay before we found each other in that airport.  The bus was no problem but it would have been a big issue if I had a private driver waiting for us.