Fish & Chips on Independence of the Seas

jstew1

I was on Explorer a few months ago.  They served "Battered Fish & Seafood" one night in the MDR and "Classic Fish & Chips" another night in the MDR -- I heard people at the pool talking excitedly about Fish & Chips for dinner.  Both meals were very good, and I wish they'd make the Fish & Chips an every-day MDR classic in place of the Salmon.  

I was on a 3-night on Independence earlier this week.  The "Battered Fish & Seafood" was available one night in the MDR.  

Of those two ships, only Independence had the Fish & Ships fast food venue on the pool deck.  I didn't taste their food -- seriously, what makes it good enough to pay for when other lunch items are available only steps away in the Windjammer?  

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

My first visit to a Fish N Ships was on the Ovation of the Seas last May.  It was the ship's second revenue cruise of the Alaska season.  I must say, the Fish and Chips didn't meet my expectations.  HOWEVER, I did and do take into consideration that it was just post-pandemic and there was a whole lot of new crew and there were many shortages or substitutions to make up for the shortages of usual brands or substandard supplies.  Therefore, I'm looking forward to trying again.  We love good old pub-style Fish n Chips.  In fact, we had some today at a pub in Senoia (home of the Walking Dead), GA to celebrate my oldest daughter's birthday.  

On 12/11/2022 at 4:16 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

I was on Explorer a few months ago.  They served "Battered Fish & Seafood" one night in the MDR and "Classic Fish & Chips" another night in the MDR -- I heard people at the pool talking excitedly about Fish & Chips for dinner.  Both meals were very good, and I wish they'd make the Fish & Chips an every-day MDR classic in place of the Salmon.  

I was on a 3-night on Independence earlier this week.  The "Battered Fish & Seafood" was available one night in the MDR.  

Of those two ships, only Independence had the Fish & Ships fast food venue on the pool deck.  I didn't taste their food -- seriously, what makes it good enough to pay for when other lunch items are available only steps away in the Windjammer?  

"Fish and Ships" food is free on the Independence, except the lobster. We thought the fried fish was the best thing we ate on the ship, the entire cruise! Now the "chips", well.....they could use some improvement.