COVID Quarantine

VitaminSea53

Just now, kearney said:

Last Sep I got covid on the last day of our cruise... My husband tested negative..we were given a choice... I could go to deck 3 to isolate.. or we could stay together in our cabin on deck 6. Since we planned on driving 11 hours home the next day, we decided to stay together in our deck 6 cabin. Policies are fluid as the disease changes.. but that is what we experienced. Earlier comment that cruise lines 'don't want to know", I am not sure this is valid. CDC regulations changed which is one reason we don't see figures. Also, lets face it ..it is everywhere... and if you are concerned... Stay home. 

Yes that was the policy last summer/fall. Looks like it has changed to allow people to stay in their cabins. We too were moved down to deck 3 - we chose to stay together- and it was an absolutely miserable experience overall (apex) and wouldn’t wish it on anyone. In the event we get it again with our upcoming cruise, it’s nice to know they are allowing people to stay in their original cabins. 

1 minute ago, mickeysgal said:

Yes that was the policy last summer/fall. Looks like it has changed to allow people to stay in their cabins. We too were moved down to deck 3 - we chose to stay together- and it was an absolutely miserable experience overall (apex) and wouldn’t wish it on anyone. In the event we get it again with our upcoming cruise, it’s nice to know they are allowing people to stay in their original cabins. 

Frankly one of my fears in cruising..is being stuck in a cabin on deck 3 for more than a day. We were lucky.. and is some ways Covid improved our trip. How you ask...well...DH needs wheel chair assistance and when getting off the ship..while the crew does a good job of getting you to the terminal... We have had to wait up to an hour for a volunteer to take us down the elevator and through customs. By getting covid... we were taken off via crew elevator..straight off the ship on deck 3 and into a limo..which took us to our parking spot... best departure ever. Ironically..