Constellation - Live Ultimate Americas Dec 12

ggo85

Today was a sea day.  I continue to be amazed - and pleased - at my fellow travelers who do not hog loungers at the pool.  You can come out at 11 or 12 or 2 and find plenty of chairs.  And in good locations.  In all my cruises, I’ve never seen this and am so pleased.  I think it feeds on itself, in a good way.  When you realize chairs will always be available, you don’t feel the need to hog.  

Tonight was a production show. Gave it a B, primarily because I only recognized 50%of the songs. There is a lot to do on the ship - but we’re sun worshippers. 

Dinner in MDR and Luminae featured lobster. On this cruise, there’s a lot of (excellent) fish and seafood.  Steak is somewhat lacking. They offered lamb tonight (I don’t eat lamb) but filet or ribeye isn’t to be found. 

Overall, we’ve been happy.  Just booked an X cruise for 2024. 

• Like 1

We were last there in 2011 off the Star Flyer Sailing Yacht (Star Clipper line).  Sounds like you were at the same port location.  They had just started the birds and port shop.  We agreed to a taxi fare to the Old City, however, once we were totally out of the building, there was a BIG SIGN that told you what the taxi fares should be to different locations.  So don't commit to any fares before you reach that sign.  We had quite an enjoyable day.  Walked the streets and fort, took lots of pictures, and had lunch in town. We were not overly pressured by street hawkers.  It was very comfortable.  I had spent much time in Columbia and Peru during my Air Force days doing the drug wars.  Quite different now, even with local issues.  You never know, just keep situational awareness. 

In Cozumel today. We were there a month ago so didn’t get off the ship.  Ate at Sushi on 5.  It’s quiet and service is excellent.  

Used OBC for 2 spa treatments. Massage was ok and facial above average. Expensive if you’re paying, especially with mandatory 18% “gratuity”.  Note that, although there were pre-cruise spa discounts, I didn’t see any once onboard. For example, no 10-20-30 discount or discount on port days.  If they were offered, they certainly weren’t advertised or promoted. 

The ship’s singer did a short 10 minute) Christmas carol event this evening. 

Happy to take questions but, absent any, my tale comes to an end.  While there were some bumps along the road, overall, we were very pleased.  

• Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 12:05 AM, cruising teacher said:

We were on the previous cruise. Early walkoff with luggage started at 7:15. Twenty to thirty minutes to the airport. However fog delays can be a real issue!

Thank you! I guess it's the luck of the draw but it makes it difficult to know what flight time to book.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:13 PM, ggo85 said:

Last night we dined at Tuscan Grille and tonight at Sushi on 5.  Enjoyed the food at Tuscan. Service was good. However, I don’t think we’ll do it again — mainly because it didn’t see, that much better (if at all) than Luminae. Sushi was good. DH liked it better than Tuscan and he doesn’t love sushi.  I think because it was less crowded and not as many passengers talking loudly trying to impress everyone around them. 

Must say I’m pleasantly surprised by the number of free daily activities. There’s a lot of variety — trivia, games, dance lessons, sports.  And unlike RCCL, not every activity is trying to sell you something (e.g., foot analysis). Just things to do.  

Tried Oceanview for lunch and wasn’t super excited.  Food was tasty but not a lot of variety.  I asked for a Diet Coke and literally finished my meal before it arrived.  

What continues to amaze me is the courtesy of my fellow passengers when it comes to deck chairs.  No chair hogs on this cruise.  Not only do people take their stuff when they are finished using a chair, but they also take their towels, thus letting others know the chairs are available. It’s unusual and refreshing. And means that there are always plenty of chairs. 

Tomorrow is Day 1 in Cartegena and will report on my shore excursion. 

Cartegena requires Covid vaccination but it says if not you have to get tested. Did you know anyone without vaccine card and how the testing was done?

2 hours ago, cruisequenn said:

Cartegena requires Covid vaccination but it says if not you have to get tested. Did you know anyone without vaccine card and how the testing was done?

Celebrity provides clear information concerning this on their website. 

You don't have to search for it; there is a link at the top of the home page.

It is better to obtain the written policy from the cruise line web site then depend on second hand information.

17 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Celebrity provides clear information concerning this on their website. 

You don't have to search for it; there is a link at the top of the home page.

It is better to obtain the written policy from the cruise line web site then depend on second hand information.

Yes I’ve checked on site but it’s unclear about when(on ship) or where to get test

• Like 1

Actually I didn’t ask anyone about their vaccination status.  None of my business.

This is what is says on the website.  You should call Celebrity if you have any further questions.

Cartagena, Colombia 

Vaccination 

While vaccinations are not required to sail on Celebrity Cruises, they are highly recommended.  

COVID-19 booster shots are also not currently required but remain highly recommended.  

Please note: A guest is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the required number of doses in their vaccine series have been fully administered (e.g. 2 shots of Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, etc., or 1 shot of Johnson & Johnson). Vaccines must be approved for use by the WHO or U.S. FDA, with the exception of CanSino. 

Testing

To travel in Cartagena, unvaccinated guests ages 18 and older are required to provide proof of a negative PCR taken within 72hrs prior to embarkation or negative antigen test taken within 48hrs prior to embarkation.

Required testing can be completed using any type of PCR or antigen COVID-19 test. It can be professionally proctored at your doctor or drugstore, or it can be a test you administer to yourself at home without supervision. 

Tests must be arranged on your own and are at your own expense.  

Guests who do not meet the testing and health screening policy requirements will be denied boarding. 

On 1/1/2023 at 12:25 PM, cruisequenn said:

Yes I’ve checked on site but it’s unclear about when(on ship) or where to get test

The website clearly states the time period when the tests must be done BEFORE  embarkation. 

You are on your own to find a testing site, have the test, and have the  hard or electronic copy of the results available to show at pier check in.