Groups question

fsjosh

I've got some questions on booking a group for a cruise and figured I'd ask here before calling Royal. We are looking at a cruise for January 2024. We should hit the 8 room minimum, so it makes sense to set it up as a group. I managed a group cruise before, but it was in 2014, so I'm not sure what all is the same and what has changed. I found this pdf https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Groups/18061998_Groups_Flyer_2018.pdf , but as it's dated 2018, idk if it's still current either. 

Once you call in and set up the group, are you still given an agent that you are assigned? Last time I had a single agent that I was able to email with questions and changes rather than having to call in and get someone new every time. 

We are going to want to have everyone book their own room and then get added to the group. Easier that way than having to collect that info, CC#'s, etc and passing it on. It also gives each guest control over their own reservation. Does Royal still allow that with groups?

Last time, there was a $50 OBC for each room in the group. Is that still a thing or does that vary by sailing?

We'll be wanting to divide any tour conductor credits among the rooms in the group to reduce everyone's cost. Do they still allow that?

Not necessarily a group question, but do they still let you reprice cruises when there are price drops before final payment, or does that depend on if you selected non or refundable deposit? I know last time we were repricing cabins throughout the year, but I can't recall what the refundable status was then. 

Anything I'm missing?

There is a form on their website you can fill out. Prior experience - A rep will reach out quickly as they want the "sale"! https://www.royalcaribbean.com/resources/group-travel

Once you call in and set up the group, are you still given an agent that you are assigned? YES Last time I had a single agent that I was able to email with questions and changes rather than having to call in and get someone new every time. 

We are going to want to have everyone book their own room and then get added to the group. Easier that way than having to collect that info, CC#'s, etc and passing it on. It also gives each guest control over their own reservation. Does Royal still allow that with groups? YES

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Find a TA that will do all the work for you, keep track of everything, rebate you the Tour Conductor credit and give you some extra OBC over and above the group OBC.

Totally agree, get a TA and let them handle it.  Less hassle (it's vacation) and less hard feelings if something goes wrong.  It's been a long time since we had enough for our own group, but our TA took care of everything.  Even now, our TA puts us in groups that we don't even belong to just to get the benefits.  She once got us $900 OBC by the time all was said and done.