Emerald Princess Food and Patter Dec 18

rideev

Thank you for posting.  We will be on the January 17th version of your cruise.

my DW is going to be very disappointed in the removal of the Fettuccine Alfredo for the everyday Pasta menu.  Do you know if it is still available everyday even though it is not listed.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  Personally I am really looking forward to seeing the new canal.

6 hours ago, mkitchy said:

Thanks for posting. Greatly appreciated. Any word on why the Outrigger Bar hasn't been open? Thanks.

It is open today.  It is weather dependent.  Don't know why it's not listed in the patter.  It has been open on the days I have been near it (which I am not there often.)

9 hours ago, rideev said:

There is pasta every night.  I don't think you can order one that is not on the menu.  But we have enjoyed trying different ones each night.

Fettuccini Alfredo is on tonight's menu though.

Thanks.  Disappointing, but we will try.  My wife usually has it about half the time as an appetizer or main course.  

3 hours ago, rideev said:

Tomorrow's Patter

In one of the Patters, you highlighted Progressive Trivia so I believe you are doing that right now. How's our team doing so far? 

As indicated in the other thread, I finished third out of 20 teams. The first two games were easy and I stood at first, games 3 and 4 were somewhat harder, whereas games 5 and 6 were very difficult so I dropped the the standings but game 7 was easy which allowed me to climb back up and finished 3 out of 20 teams.

Did you win any awards so far?

As indicated in the other thread, as a personal challenge try to win all the different kinds of awards:

1. Champagne Bottle

2. Blue Princess coaster

3. Blue Princess notebook

4. Gray Princess bag

5. Princess medal

17 minutes ago, rideev said:

Tonight's menu.

IMG_20221229_170259514.jpg

IMG_20221229_170302702.jpg

IMG_20221229_183607924.jpg

I was on the TA in November on the Emerald and ordered the Love Boat dream and it was chocolate. I asked our waiters about the red one that I had seen photos of and the waiter looked at me like I was an alien. He did mention that maybe one week it was changed for a special occasion but thought I was crazy when I said other ship's had red ones.

11 minutes ago, Coral said:

I was on the TA in November on the Emerald and ordered the Love Boat dream and it was chocolate. I asked our waiters about the red one that I had seen photos of and the waiter looked at me like I was an alien. He did mention that maybe one week it was changed for a special occasion but thought I was crazy when I said other ship's had red ones.

All ships are changing to this due to food costs. This one is a third of the cost to make of the original. I posted this mid-November and commented said they'd never change to this fleetwide. Well it's happening and they are. Same with fettuccine alfredo. Costly to individually plate. The Mama's lasagna is trays and needs nothing special to prep. Cut and serve. We're seeing much less cheese on the pizza at Slice. The ooey gooey stretch is gone. Corporate chefs were onboard to launch this on Discovery mid November. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

All ships are changing to this due to food costs. This one is a third of the cost to make of the original. I posted this mid-November and commented said they'd never change to this fleetwide. Well it's happening and they are. Same with fettuccine alfredo. Costly to individually plate. The Mama's lasagna is trays and needs nothing special to prep. Cut and serve. We're seeing much less cheese on the pizza at Slice. The ooey gooey stretch is gone. Corporate chefs were onboard to launch this on Discovery mid November. 

Sad. Sorry to see these changes.

• Like 1

As a head's up, on your final night for dessert there will likely be Baked Alaska.

I've been on two Princess sailings and in the first one in 2005, there was a waiter parade with the Baked Alaska and there was real fire on the pie.

This time there was a parade as well but there was only an artificial lamp on the top of the Baked Alaska pie with no authentic fire.

7 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

The only food we enjoyed was Ocean Terrace, Crown Grill and 360. Ocean Terrace even changed their menu, much more expensive and no complimentary appetizers. 

I can't say food was great on our cruise but I did enjoy my soufflés and there are a few meals I do like. My Crown Grill and Sabatini's dinner was good.

• Like 1