Panama Canal Montego Bay Excursion ?

Mimiya11

18 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

Booking our March Star excursions tomorrow.

Any input from those that have been on either the Beach Getaway or Bamboo Rafting excursions?   

Thank you.  

We just did this cruise in October and did the bamboo raft.

First though, our friends did the beach getaway and said it was terrible. They ended up getting their money back after the group complained about it. 

As far as the rafts unfortunately that was disappointing as well. They advertised a 3 mile raft trip which was completely false. It was barely 1/2 a mile and the majority of the time was spent doing a foot massage and asking us to buy drinks and souvenirs. We actually rafted for less than 10 minutes. 

After we were back on board we went to them about our experience (with others on the tour) and they told us “you must have read the description wrong”. I had a screenshot that I took when I booked it to which they told me that was for a different cruise. The third excuse was there was a downed tree which blocked the rest of the river. Dora the excursion manager was of no help or offered any sympathy. Her contract was over at the end of the cruise. 

Needless to say this was not the Viking service we were expecting and heard about. I had to go see the GM who finally offered us a 50% refund. It’s like pulling teeth to get any refund from them. Wish I had something better to suggest. 

3 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

Thanks for your response WNcruiser

And oh oh just booked the beach getaway this morning 

Any insight as to why it was terrible before we cancel and stay on the ship that day?

They felt the beach and the area were far below Viking standards. They were all crammed together in a small area and told that’s the only place they could go. They all asked to go back to the ship and were told no, they had to do it on their own. 

If you haven’t been before I would recommend Dunns Falls or if you want to go to a beach Doctors Cave is very nice. West Bay was also beautiful in Routan with fantastic snorkeling right off the beach. 

2 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

They felt the beach and the area were far below Viking standards. They were all crammed together in a small area and told that’s the only place they could go. They all asked to go back to the ship and were told no, they had to do it on their own. 

If you haven’t been before I would recommend Dunns Falls or if you want to go to a beach Doctors Cave is very nice. West Bay was also beautiful in Routan with fantastic snorkeling right off the beach. 

Thanks.  Will cancel for sure.  Been to Dunns River Falls twice.  Will check out Doctors Cave or enjoy the pool on the ship.  

• Like 1