Luggage Valet out of Fort Lauderdale

chamima

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

I would rather see the room service charge removed, or the cutbacks to the dinner in the OV to be reduced, long before they focus on reinstating luggage valet.  Last time we used it the charge was $25 and 1 or 2 bags was misdirected.  

Luggage Valet could be a money maker for Celebrity. 
We were happy to pay the $25 or $30 (which, by the way was more than Princess charged for the same service) and would be ok with even $30- $35 per bag.  It saves standing in that long line to check in luggage on disembarkation day which always ends a relaxing vacation with tension. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

It also takes time for the ship staff which does cost money.  

The ship's staff has to handle the luggage regardless.  The terminal to airport is, I am sure, a contractor paid for by the fee charged to the user.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crusin okie said:

The ship's staff has to handle the luggage regardless.  The terminal to airport is, I am sure, a contractor paid for by the fee charged to the user.

I was thinking more about the printing and sorting the various airline luggage tags and instructions so passengers get the correct tags for their flight. 

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I was thinking more about the printing and sorting the various airline luggage tags and instructions so passengers get the correct tags for their flight. 

They already have coded luggage tags for different debarking groups.

In the past for Luggage Valet you sent in a form to Guest Services and your luggage tags were for that group. The sorting for airlines was done by the company picking up the luggage for the airport - not by Celebrity.

As I said it's an easy moneymaker for the cruiseline. Not sure why Princess can figure it out but X can't.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jelayne said:

On second thought - you're right . We did get luggage tags like what you'd get at the airport specifying which exact flight. So the crew in Guest Relations had extra work entering the info and printing out the tags.

Still, the fee could cover that.

• Like 1